Raw Food Triggers for Migraines?

I was just reading about food triggers for migraines, which list includes lentils, avocados, peas, banana, nuts, chocolate etc. I'm just wondering if anyone out there who has been cured of migraines on raw avoids these foods, or includes them-? These are really some of my favorite staple foods on raw!!

Comments

• Hi Osoniye,

did the article say if those foods trigger migraines when eaten cooked or raw?

I do believe that raw avocado, banana, nuts (especially when soaked to make digestion easier) and raw cacao nibs (not chocolate of course, it's processed) should not trigger migraines. After all that way they are in the state they were meant to be eaten.

Also, before going raw I read a lot about candida and supposedly migraines is one of the many signs of having candida. So maybe that's rather the cause than those foods you mentioned?

Hope I could help. :-)

• Hi Osoniye,

I suffered from migraines for well over 30 years on a fairly non-standard american, albeit cooked, diet. I am now high raw and none of the typical migraine triggers (including cacao) triggers migraines for me. Eliminating all gluten from my diet was what eradicated the migraines for good. I can say with honesty that I regularly consume raw avocado, raw nuts, fresh raw peas (frozen blanched peas also), raw bananas, raw cacao powder and very rarely cooked lentils. No migraines at all.