The Dangers of Soy

jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Good article on Alternet today: http://www.alternet.org/healthwellness/56087/

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I have a site too that lists over 100 studies about how bad soy is for you…it is www.taoistlife.com if you go to the bottom of the page and hit soy and/or soy studies you will find it. In my opinion, the only good uses for soy are alternative fuel, and possibly soy candles.

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Hey spiritedmama… I actually thought of you as I was reading this article this morning. I’d never even heard about soy problems until I got to this forum and read some of the things you’ve talked about (thanks for the heads-up, btw!). This info just cemented it further for me. I’ve forwarded it to my mom as well, since she drinks soy milk in an effort to be healthy. Jeez, I get so mad when I come up against yet another way so-called experts are steering so many people wrong. I’m getting to where I feel like, “Trust No One.” And it sucks to be like that, IMO. :o(

• I’m like you, jenergy. It’s hard to know who to trust. What I’ve read is that American soy products (especially tofu) are unhealthy because of the way we manufacture it here, as oppose to the way it’s made in Asia. I eat it minimally- maybe once a month.