Beginner's Raw Blog

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are new to raw and doing a 30 day trial to see how it affects us. We set up a blog to document everything: www.rawfoodrealpeople.blogspot.com . We hope to connect with anyone who has an opinion, but especially want the site to provide support to mainstream people thinking about going even a little raw - people like us who used to eat whatever we wanted, like to drink, and have 8-5 office jobs with judgmental co-workers!

Hope to talk to some of you soon,

Kelly

Comments

• Welcome Kelly

I'm new to raw myself. This site and the people here are AWESOME. Very caring, informative, encouraging, and non-judgemental! It's great that your husband is doing it with you...kudos to you both. i'm going to check out your link you have listed.

[edited] Your blog is impressive. WOW you guys went all out with the kitchen gizmos. I only have a Jack Lalaine juicer and a cuisinart blender/food processor combo thing LOL I do want to get a hi power juicer BUT cleanup needs to be EASY. I don't use my juicer that often becasue of the cleanup and dismantling and reattaching blah blah blah.

I tried to click on that green smoothie challenge thing...it said page not found :( so do you have a diff addie for it?? I am intersted in checking it out.

Best of luck!

Peace

Lo~

• Hi! Thanks for checking out the blog! The right link is www.greensmoothiechallenge.com , I have the hubby updating it now (I'm blocked from doing it at work!)

Anyway yeah, the gadgets were made possible by a generous x-mas gift from the in-laws, but none of it is really necessary. Here's my rundown:

juicer - we got a hand me down one but don't ever use it. I like smoothies better and besides, why leave all the good pulp behind?

blender - we had a standard blender which I thought made fine smoothies, but nathan wanted the fancy one, it was his x-mas money so I said whatever. I guess the standard blender wouldn't make ice cream or nut butters but it's not really necessary.

dehydrator - i'm really glad we have it because I like the bread sorts of stuff. the smaller ones are not too expensive, maybe $125?

spiralizer - completely unnecessary. sort of fun but I don't see us using it a ton, i'd rather just dip carrot or zucchini chunks into whatever sauce I make.

hope that helps, keep visiting, your feedback is really appreciated! www.rawfoodrealpeople.blogspot.com

Kelly

• blending your soul if you gaze into the Vitamix! Ha! My VM is my pride and joy I got over 10 years ago.

Leftover veggie pulps from the juicer can be put into your crackers that you dehydrate.

Ezekial tortillas are not raw, but I like that the grains are sprouted and live before cooked. I am not 100% raw so I do have those tortillas. And Trajer Joe's has some wonderful sprouted bread and pasta that I occasionally have.

• i'm commenting on your blog now. Thanks for blogging!