Need a little guidence here..

Hi All,

Been RAW about 6 weeks and LOVE it,...Best thing I have ever done!!

To make a long story short, let's say I do a green juice for breakfast, a protein shake for lunch,...then I am not hungry until dinner. I don't feel like I get enough greens, nor do I think it is "healthy" to eat so little!! I know if sounds weird, but I think it tends to reaaaalllly slow down my system,...ie..no weight loss, constipated (???)..

When I juice my kale/romaine/lemon/ginger/apple - all the fiber goes bye bye,...could I put all these things in a blender and keep the fiber that way??

Last but not least,...anyone knows where on the net I can find out how to balance this new lifestyle,...not tooo many nuts / nutty food items...versus too many nuts??

Thanks alot!!

Comments

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Unless you're following a specific juicing program (as a detox/cleanse or whatever), I feel the better bet for food value is the fabulous green smoothie, made in a blender with a strong enough motor to hack through all that. Greens, fruit, maybe some dulse or whatever type of powdered supplements you like should give you all the nutrition and the fiber and the fuel that you're discarding when you juice. Less waste, too. (Remember the beer commercials, "great taste, less filling?" A smoothie would be "less waste, more filling!")

On the nut issue, there are varying opinions. I use a lot of nuts but I'm a freak for fancy recipes. If you are concerned, you can reach for seeds (pumpkin, sunflower are both great and cheap, hemp or chia for their nutritional punch). Seeds are good food.

Someone else will have to advise you on the digestive questions, sorry!

• It doesn't sound like you are eating very much (well, actually just drinking). Are you eating a heartier dinner maybe? Because from what you describe for breakfast and lunch, I would think the weight would be falling off. I also would have thought constipation would be one of the last things you would have to worry about. Hmmm....