MicroGreens

Im wanting to start growing my own micrgreens. i grow sprouts, i have a nice easygreen sprout machine, but it's not for microgreens.

Does anyone here grow microgreens? whats the best way to......

Comments

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

no one knows how to grow micrgreens?

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I may not be too much help here because I haven't tried to grow microgreens. But, I buy microgreens and they just look like sprouted vegetables. I am currently growing lettuce and spinach (among other things) in my outdoor garden. If I were to pull them up by the roots after they were an inch or two tall they would be microgreens! What about just putting the seeds (lettuce, spinach, arugula, etc ) in soil , or one of the peat pot starters, and pulling them when they are the right size. I am about to thin my seedlings (there's the word I was looking for!) and I bet what I pull will be microgreens. Ok, I said all that just to come to the conclusion that they are just seedlings!

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Have you tried an Advanced Search on GoneRaw for microgreens. I'm fairly sure there are some prior threads that address this subject.

Sproutpeople.com is another excellent source for sprouting information. Here's the link to their page on microgreens: http://search.freefind.com/find.html?id=6699448&pageid=r&mode=ALL&n=0&query=microgreens

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I second the sproutpeople recommendation! Great informative site; they also have a yahoo group which I've been on for quite some time now.

Have fun growing your yummies!

:~)

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

awesome, thanx for the help everyone!