Breatharianism: possible or no?

beanbean Raw Newbie

I was always a little curious about this- it seems to be the most extreme type of diet anyone could think of, but I've always tried to go against my first thought (which was that it's ridiculous) because I know people think the same about being raw, and who am I to judge if I haven't tried it? Anyways, I was curious if anyone's had any experience with this, or knows anyone who does. And if so- does it work? Is it possible? Just air? (And, y'know, hope, or light, or whatever they say they live off of...) It's mind-boggling to me, but who knows?

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

bean, this is definitely the first i have heard of this!! amazing, isn't it?? i can't imagine living only on air without food or water. wouldn't you get dehydrated and eventually die? i really have no idea how anybody can physically live like this.

• But this wouldn't be a diet. Breathing and eating are different things that primarily utilize different systems - respiratory vs digestive.

• ZemphiraZemphira Raw Newbie

I consider myself pretty open minded, but this just sounds like a total and complete farce to me. But hey, if you want to find out for yourself go to the Breatharian website and sign up for one of their workshops. Please note that it's going to cost you a nominal fee of $25,000,000.00 (uh that's in U.S. dollars by the way).

Oh and don't forget to do your chants while eating a quarter pounder with cheese and drinking a diet coke (as instructed on their site).

This site seems like something you'd find on Southpark but hey, maybe I'm just not enlightened enough to understand and obviously, not financially wealthy enough to be taught.

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

that is the craziest website ive ever seen! really? who has 25 mil just sitting around in gold to give to some nut butter in the desert. just wow...