Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Recommend Raw Dessert Recipe Books with Pictures

germin8germin8 Raw Master

Can someone recommend a raw vegan dessert recipe book?

I am looking for a couple raw dessert recipe book. One with A LOT OF GREAT pictures!

I have a couple in mind, but I'm not sure if they have pictures and what they are like.

Sweet Gratitude & Kristen's Raw Desserts.

Does anyone have them... and are there lots of pictures?

Thanks.

Comments

• I have Sweet Gratitude and love it! Highly recommend it! It has some awesome pictures in it. You can also view some of the pictures inside the book at amazon. I have all of Kristen's e-books as well. The e-books did not have pictures in them, but you can view the pictures that are in her books at her site here....

http://www.kristensraw.com/raw_food_photos.php

Just Desserts by Heathy Pace is another one of my favorites.

It also has some awesome pictures. You can find it here...

http://rawgoddessheathy.blogspot.com/

Ani Phyo has a raw dessert book coming out soon called "Ani's Raw Food Desserts: 85 Easy, Delectable Sweets and Treats". Something to keep your eye out for. "Sweet Gratitude" has several pictures and I don't think you could go wrong with it. So happy I broke down and purchased it. It has not let me down. You can also view JoyceH's blog to view several of the "Sweet Gratitude" recipes she has created. Awesome blog and it is so nice to read her comments on the recipes. Can view here...

http://beautifullivingfood.blogspot.com/

Raw Sweets really are a Treat! :)

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

Thanks SimplyRaw! I also highly recommend Sweet Gratitude, Kristen's Raw Dessert book, and Heathy Pace's e-book, Just Desserts! Oh I cannot wait for Ani's new dessert book! I'm sure that will be loaded with wonderful treats too!!

I just updated my blog last night with comments on Sweet Gratitude's Tiramisu. I made a round 8 inch and a round 4 inch mini last Saturday. Turns out that the mini we tried during the week was so much better than my bigger cake. My cake layers in the big cake were just a bit **too thick**. It's amazing that my deviation could make such a difference. Bottom line is that thinner layers make the tiramisu super good!!! (Sweet Gratitude does instruct you to use a square 8 inch pan so that's the best way to go. My mistake was making thick cake layers in a round 8 inch srping form pan. The bigger cake was still good but not great) Time for me to order a *square* 8 inch spring form pan (which you can do on Amazon as I cannot find one locally)

Anyhoo! Raw desserts rock!! Germin8, please do let us know what you end up getting and how you like the recipes! :-)

Cheers & happy friday!!

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

You can see three desserts I made from Sweet Gratitude here: http://utopiankitchen.wordpress.com/?s=sweet+gratitude

Highly recommend!

And happy Friday to everyone, too. :D

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Pictures with recipes really do motivate me to make something... otherwise, I never really make that recipe.

Thank you guys, this is all great info!

I am going to get Sweet Gratitude... especially since it is recommended thrice and has not let you down, SimplyRaw. That's the kind of recipe book I like.

I looked at Heathy Pace's link (you sent)... and I'm not too excited about it. I made a Blueberry Cardamom recipe of hers (a long time ago), I must've put too much cardamom or something, because I thought I was eating poutpouri. *hehe* Okay, that's an exaggeration, but I didn't eat it... my husband did. That was the first time I made one of her recipes... so I'm hesitant... but, since it's recommended TWICE and it has PICTURES, I may just go for it. I've always thought those girl scout cookie pictures are great!

Thanks for the tip on Ani Phyo. Thanks for the tip on Kristen's pictures, I would like to see more pics... maybe one day she can put her pictures in her ebook. :o) How difficult is it to add a picture to PDFs anyway? By the way, I also have The Sunny Raw Kitchen's ebook. That also has pictures, but it's' not a desserts-only book.

Great info. Thanks superfood2 for the picture links.

Thanks all.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

FYI I love Heathy Pace's book - from her ebook, I've made her mint chocolate chunk ice cream and chocolate orange cake and mango layer cake and all three were AMAZING.

I don't yet own cafe gratitude's sweet gratitude - but i must say that their desserts from I Am Grateful are SOOO good.

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

Some folks on RFC have also raved about Heathy's mango cake. I will have to make that one soon! Maybe the next time mangos look good in the co-op I'll have to splurge and make the gorgeous looking mango cake! :-)

Oooo, two more votes for Heathy's...

Just a reminder of the purpose of my post: I'm looking for recipes books WITH PICTURES. If they don't have pictures (and lots of them), I'm not interseted. Thanks.

• Germin8 -

I just thought I let you know I hear where you are coming from...in regards to recipes not meeting up to expectations. Done that, been there...many a times. But on another note...I wanted to mention that I really enjoy Heathy's Chocolate Orange Cake. I am also happy I have her recipe for Vanilla Cake...has a real cake texture and flavor to it. Have enjoyed using this recipe to make my own concoctions. I used it not to long ago to make Heathy's jelly roll...posted on her site. Last Friday we made her Strawberry Ice Cream. She says you can use macadamias or cashews. We used macs, but next time our family will use cashews. Adjusting to our perferences. Me - Testing the water and experimenting. However, I cannot say enough about Sweet Gratitude. I have both of Cafe Gratitude's books, but Sweet Gratitude has open my eyes to whole new world. I have gained knowledge from within both of these books that is allowing me to understand and create my own raw delights. Sweet Gratitude took me to new levels in creating my Raw Sweets! :) Learning the yin and yang of raw ingredients to create balance and harmony.

• I almost forgot to ask. In regards to Ani Phyo, did you guys know she created raw treats for the popular band Maroon 5's annual Halloween Bash. Most of the band members are vegan. How cool is that!

Here is a sample of the raw chocolate sweets she created for the event...

http://www.aniphyo.com/2008/10/31/happy-halloween-chocolates-for-maroon-5/

Wow, it sounds like Sweet Gratitude is educational for creating my own desserts and that's exactly what I need. Thanks for that tip.

I will certainly keep in mind, Heathy's dessert book. I shouldn't have given up after the Cardamom cake... *hehe*

Plus, the cake-like texture of the Vanilla Cake has captured my interest. And people are recommending it!

Thanks all.