Power Mill Blender?

pixxpixx Raw Master

I just stumbled upon this site: http://www.powermillblender.com/

Since I've not heard mention of it before, I'm wondering, any one hear of this blender? It sells for $563 (US). Which is more than a Vitamix, isn't it? It has me curious if it really is in that league.

Comments

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Any one own, or know about this blender?

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

I don't have any experience with a Power Mill Blender. I do LOVE my VitaMix. A quick check of the 2 websites showed some differences

PRICE: VitaMix 5200 US$449 vs Power Mill A$590.00*

HORSEPOWER: VitaMix 2 hp vs Power Mill 1.5 hp

GUARANTEE: VitaMix 7 years vs Power Mill 2 years

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: VitaMix USA vs Power Mill Australia and Canada

UNIQUE FEATURES

VitaMix: 30-day risk free trial; additional carafes (32 oz wet blade and 32 oz dry blade); other accessories

Power Mill: timer

VitaMix offers a well developed website with a wealth of information and resources . . . been in business since 1921. I have personally received excellent service from VitaMix . . . had a small problem which was resolved immediately (no charge; no hassle; just personal, friendly service). VitaMix also offers some additional options (2 other carafes, etc.)

If I lived in Australia, the Power Mill might look more attractive to me than it does from here in the USA.

*I got an online "quote" and ended up with a total of $511 plus $24 shipping (to Georgia)

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Thanks for sharing all you noticed; it's appreciated. I did notice it was from Australia, but you picked up on more other things than I did while there on the site. I wasn't really considering it. I was more curious; they seem to pitch it like it's in the arena with the Vitamix, from how they talk about it in their video. But since I'd never heard any one mention it, I kind of figured it really wasn't. Was more of a curiosity than any interest in obtaining one. The fact that no one else has spoke up here speaks volumes, to me, ya know? Or, maybe they're just new.

I am also thankful to hear of your experiences with Vitamix service. Good to know. :~)

• mspolitemspolite Raw Newbie

Hi, I bought a Powermill blender in 2011. It was brilliant. I preferred it to the Vitamix. Unfortunately after about 18 months the bottom of the jug cracked and it started to leak. I tried to get a replacement jug and was told the company don't sell replacement jugs. So i was left with a perfectly working powerful motor but no jug! 

I've no idea what happened to the company that makes the Powermill or why they didn't make spare jugs. 

Hope that helps.

ClaireT