Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

my first raw high?

susan121susan121 Raw Newbie

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a super high from being raw. I'm about 3 months into it (been vegan for years tho) and right now I feel like I want to run a marathon or something. I've never done drugs before, but I imagine this is what it would feel like... I am totally unable to sleep, and I'm not sure if this is a good or bad feeling but it's like a surge of major energy. Anyone else have feelings like this?

Comments

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

I had that at first. I could not sleep at all. It stabalizes, especially if you start exercising.

• susan121susan121 Raw Newbie

Maybe I should add that I run 5-6 miles most days, and do about 40 minutes of yoga every morning. I'm pretty sure I'm getting enough exercise... and I haven't had any caffeine. No cacao, no coffee, nothing. :( I'm normally asleep by midnight, but lately I just have too much energy. Anyone know how I can wind down?

• I have experienced super vivid and good feeling energy after being raw for the first time. It was most noticeable while it was still new and after a while I would only notice it after it was gone after slipping up and eating something SAD.

I never had trouble going to sleep though, so I have no advice in that department.

Is it a problem? Are you tired or feeling bad in any way? Just wondering.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I get that sometimes, where I feel like I can't get tired or my body doesn't want sleep.

It's hard....you might find some foods you eat later in the day trigger it or it might just be a temporary thing.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

maybe some fats with dinner would weigh you down more like avocado or coconut meat. another thing to try is tea there are many remedies for sleeping like valerian, hops, lavender, chamomile. just dont use sweetner as that could stimulate again.

Good luck it sounds like its a great feeling just not so great when you want to sleep~

• susan121susan121 Raw Newbie

Thanks for all the advice. :) I finally got about 2 hours of sleep, but I feel like I slept the whole night! I actually think it is a great thing that's happening now, just as long as I don't feel tired!

I actually do eat 1-3 avocados at dinner most nights, vegan2raw, but I'm gonna look into the other stuff you mentioned! Thanks!

• browniesbrownies Raw Newbie

I love that feeling. For me its a tingling all over my body. Like I'm buzzing, every cell in my body vibrating. Its great! I have been slipping a bit lately but when I'm 100% for a few days the feeling comes and its amazing.