Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Favorite toiletries (packaged or homemade)

2»

Comments

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

Lapetitemort, my skin has gotten much better on raw (smoother, clearer, etc.), but I still wear makeup to work. I think it’s a combination of brainwashing and also just simple vanity on my part.

I’ve gotten so I don’t wear it when I’m off work or out running errands or goofing off, but my work environment is very formal and conservative, and there’s just something that makes me feel kind of naked about being really dressed up with no makeup on. I am working on that, though!

One thing I have been able to do is to switch to a very light tinted moisturizer from a much heavier foundation. I think that is helping me with the whole “getting comfortable in my own skin” thing. You can still see my freckles and any blemishes I have through it, for instance, so it’s helping me to come to terms with my skin a little better. I don’t feel the need to look “flawless” anymore, but the whole “accepting my skin completely as it is” thing is taking me a little longer to get to.

I haven’t switched to a natural makeup yet, though. I just haven’t been able to find one that even vaguely compares to the products I use now. But I know the sooner I can make this change, the better!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

lapetitemort,

Do you feel that you don’t look good with out makeup because of your skin? Once you are raw for a while your skin will start to look a lot better – dark circles and all.

Keep in mind that most makeup contains lots of chemical and your skin is an organ that drink it in so that adds toxins to your body. If you keep adding these toxins your skin might not to get to the point of looking good enough for you to be without makeup.

While you are waiting for your skin to start glowing on raw I would recommend switching to mineral makeup and wearing only the miniminal amount. Mineral makeup is alot more natural and has less chemcials. The cleaner you are the more your body will heal and the better you will look au natural. Another thing you are can try is using natural clays for color. Like mixing a redish natural clay with some coconut oil or with a neutral colored natural lip balm with make you a nice lipstick. Aubrey Organic makes very natural lip color – no chemicals.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the makeup is probably making your skin worse. When I stopped using makeup many years ago – my skin problems lessen by 75% at least. I don’t use any makeup at all. I own a black eyeliner and a Aubrey lip gloss and rarely wear them – only weddings and Halloween. :)

MSM lotion might also help your skin too – it is great for skin problems.It is getting rid of my acne scars.

• Right now I use Burt’s Bees products, a tinted moisturizer and such.

Jenny, I think I still have that need to look flawless. Plus, I’ve always worn a really madeup face. I don’t wear it when I’m at home or anything, but when I go out the house, I like to look, I don’t know… I guess I’m just not comfortable with my skin either.

Queenfluff, My skin is ok, except for the dark circles, haha. I think I’m starting to worry about wrinkles beginning though. I’m 34 =\ I do get breakouts around “that time”. I have a mineral powder, but I’ll have to look into the clays that you’ve mentioned.

Thanks for the advice ladies!!