Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Too many carrots?

LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

Hello :)

Another question from me.

My mom and i have a Breville juicer which we love, my favorite is carrot-apple juice.

I remember reading somewhere that your can turn orange from consuming too many carrots.

Is this true, because I could drink carrot-apple juice all day every day i cant get enough,

Thanks

Comments

• I'm not sure what it depends on, but I personally know several people that have turned orange from bountious amounts of beta-carotene in pumpkin and carrots, so it is definitely possible. There may, however, be personal factors to take into account that may affect your susceptibility to "turning orange," though. I would just google it :)

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

During my last pregnancy I ate so many carrots that me and my babe had an orange tint I was at about a lb or two a day of organic carrots but it was more of a glow I actually got comliments rather than wierd looks but I am sure if I had went much farther I would have looked like an oompa loompa.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

oh my!

i dont want to turn orange, but i love drinking carrot apple juice so much.

i drink 2, 50oz. containers a day.

• I love carrot juice too. my juice every morning always has carrots & apples in it but i always mix other stuff into it.

like this morning...

3 big carrots

1/2 of a blood orange

1 lemon

2 apples

some kale

some celery

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

There's nothing wrong with being orange from carrot juice. In fact, I asked a doctor about that today - a doctor I trust, I should add!

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

okay suasoria good because i love my juice to much to give it up!

i dont think i could even if i started to turn orange :)

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

My grandma has been orange ever since I met her because she's a carrot fanatic (it looks like she got a spray tan). You have an orange tint to your skin because carrots are saturated with Vitamin A and this vitamin is fat soluble. The fat tissues in your body can only store a certain amount of these vitamins, so when there's too much, it can be toxic. I wouldn't go too overboard with the carrots.

• dr. norman walker healed himself from a deathly illness and lived past 100. he was raw and drank plenty of carrot juice. he said orange tint is normal, and mainly part of the detox that carrot juice can initiate. nothin to worry about :)