Opportunity to Participate in Cancer Research

emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

The American Cancer Society is looking for 500,000 volunteers to participate in Cancer Prevention Study-3. Participants must be between 30 and 65, and have no personal previous cancer diagnosis. From the ACS website: "The purpose of CPS-3 is to better understand the lifestyle, behavioral, environmental and genetic factors that cause or prevent cancer and to ultimately eliminate cancer as a major health problem for this and future generations."

What a unique opportunity for raw foodists to impact a significant scientific study and demonstrate the health benefits of our lifestyle. There's a lot of information on the following site. I encourage you to check it out and consider participating. I'll be signing up at the Cantonment, Florida site on May 1.

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/RES/RES_6_6.asp?

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Sorry, I failed to mention that enrollment will take place at specific Relay For Life events around the country. You don't have to run in the relay to sign up for the research. Check the website to find a site near you. Wouldn't it be wonderful if cancer cases became rare (or nonexistent) because raw foodies stepped up to the plate and participated in a national research project of this magnitude?

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

What a fantastic suggestion. My husband and I should totally do this.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Having read an article in the LA Times today on the book "Anticancer: A New Way of Life," I'm more disgruntled about this study than I was yesterday. There's no money to be made in eating well for health, so large-scale studies like this don't usually care about how people eat.

Still, I think we'll go for it, and see how interested they are in diet as cancer prevention.