Me finally caffeine free! Take that Starbucks!

RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

Hey everybody!

For the past month I have been almost 100% raw. The only thing holding me back has been Starbucks' soy cappuccinos. I was seriously addicted to them (I would have two grande cappuccinos EVERY SINGLE DAY). I finally decided that enough was enough and that I was kicking the habit for good. I happy to announce that I have been 100% raw vegan and 100% coffee free for just over two weeks (that's the longest I've been without coffee since I was 14)!

The first three days were terrible! I was irritable, emotional, and my head was pounding. On the fourth day I woke up and felt really good! I juice a lot more now, drink more water, I have TONS more energy, and I feel like I'm much more emotionally grounded. I am never going to drink coffee EVER again. I don't even want a cappuccino anymore. Yesterday I went with my mom to Starbucks (she likes having a soy chai tea latte) and I just got myself a bottle of water and I didn't feel like I was missing out at all! :)

This is such a big accomplishment for me because I have tried for what seems like a million times to give up coffee, but always breakdown on the second day. Thanks for reading my happy rant. Luve ya guys! :D

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

congratulations!! that's such great news for you!!! i love hearing stories like this.

i used to have this obsession with these giant cookies called "character cookies." if you shop at giant eagle, they are at the bakery. basically, it's two huge cookies with a ton of icing on top and sandwiched between. i'd estimate about 2 cups of icing goes on those things!!!! i used to have eating contests with my best friend and i could down 4 of them in one sitting- i don't know how i did it, i was only 110 lbs then! anyways, i finally gave them up because respecting my body was more important than their evil deliciousness. hehe

• Congratulations! I haven't had coffee in months, but I still crave it every time I drive by a starbucks -- the Venti Soy Chai Latte with no water and three shots of espresso were my poison.

• Awesome, Rawaholic!

I've been cutting back for a few weeks, myself. My poison of choice was an iced grande rediculous-amounts-of-caramel caramel machiato. I think I've only had two this week, which is a big deal.

My pocketbook is reflecting the new budget-cut, and feels a little more flush. :)

It has gotten to the point that I get one more out of habit / comfort than any real craving. I'm pretty proud of myself, honestly.

Cheers! Here's to us!

• Congratulations!! Thats huge! I am currently latte free even though I work at a coffee shop. Im super proud of myself and am getting to a point where I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything, yay for us!!

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

yay! Way to go!

Last summer after being raw for a few months I decided to get off coffee and haven't drunken it habitually since. However, on occasion I have a cup here and there. I don't feel bad about it because I know that I don't depend on it and that's a great feeling.