Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Some people think it's funny...

susan121susan121 Raw Newbie

You know the rest... basically, I've had diarrhea for going on 2 weeks now, and I'm exhausted. I feel like I've tried everything.... eating less fiber, drinking kombucha and rejuvelac on an empty stomach for better digestion, and have been juice fasting the past few days. It seems like nothing is helping.

Has anyone had a problem with this? My mom is a doctor, and she wants me to be tested for a parasite. I HATE going to the doctor, though. I'm thinking it could just be a raw thing... although I've been off and on (and at least 75% at all times) raw vegan for the past year and have never had these problems before.

Comments

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

it seems as if eating more fiber, flax, more nuts, stuff to bind with the diarrhea would help, wouldn't it?. Juice fasting seems like it would make it worse.

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

How long have you been raw?

I had problems like that for about my first two months of raw. Not diarrhea, but not far off...

After this transition, my body leveled out and taught itself to get used to the fiber.

• I'm no Dr... but have you tried blended apples, or bananas or stemed rice?... they might help. If you've lost a lot of weight, it might be worth seeing a dr.

• If you have been raw vegan for almost a year and a half, and this is now happening, it doesn't seem to me it would be related to raw veganism in general. What has changed recently? Have you started eating a lot more of anything in particular? It's probably going to take some investigating. Perhaps you got a bad batch of something. Maybe you could eat mono meals for awhile and see what has an effect on it. Mono meals of bananas would be a good place to start. Good luck!

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

I'd be happy to help, yet I need to know much more. You can write me, I don't charge for emails. I'm sure you can get past this very quickly.

Cheers,

Chris

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

You could have ingested something and your body is clearing it out.

Or you could be eating too much fibre. Too much can lead to diarrhea. About 18g a day is adequate. Check your intake on www.nutritiondata.com

• susan121susan121 Raw Newbie

I'm down about 8 lbs from usual, so I probably am just going to end up going to the doctor. I've tried a lot of what you guys are suggesting, and I'm going to try to just eat bananas tomorrow. I really don't want to eat anything that isn't raw, so my fiberless or low-fiber options are pretty limited.

I think the rejuvelac helped, so I'm going to start back on that tomorrow. My batch should be done by then.

Normally, I'm not bothered by the occasional bout of diarrhea, but this has been going on so long that it's really running me down. :( Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Seeing a doc is likely a good idea. Take in lots of liquids!! You don't want to get dehydrated. Solid food is problematic, and will likely continue to break down poorly, until you are over whatever is going on. Liquids give the bowels less issues, when experiencing diarrhea. Also, probiotics are good for balancing flora, and will help with bowel issues.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i had a stomach bug and monomeals of bananas was a life saver. i just filled in with other things as i wanted them. it was more a nausea thing than a diarrhea thing though. if you are juicing, are you juicing beets or dandelion greens? they will stimulate the bowels and can cause diarrhea.