Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

OMG!!ITS HUGE......

2»

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Write Eternity & Om Shanti, I live in the mountains of AZ, about 1 hour from Prescott…it is very nice. We LOVE it here. You may want to check it out.

Om Shanti, I have been away from the boards for a while, due to vacation, but finally had a chance to get here and wanted to post that I am so incredibly excited for you in your new venture. I am anxious to here of your success! Please post your website when you get it done.

• Hi Spirited mama! My parents are going out to look for houses outside of Santa Fe in a couple of weeks. They are moving faster than I thought but it still may take a year.

I just got my dehydrator today. My boyfriend fixed it up as it wobbled. We set it up on the counter bar – the only spot for it right now. Al fired it up and loved it at first and then said there was no way I could run it in there because it is like a huge space heater with hot air gushing out the back.

So I guess I’ll have to move it to the basement but it’s pretty heavy! But If I move out west it will probably be cook enough to have it in a more convenient location. It also had a couple of dents in it but I’m not going to send it back! we were also thinking it needs to run for a couple days to burn off any chemicals.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

writeeternity, did you get the 12 tray or the 24 tray?

• Hi Rawmama! I only got the 12 tray but it still weighs about 75 lbs. I have to leave tomorrow so I’m not going to be able to use it for a week! AHH! I can’t wait!

Hellooooooo :) I was thinking of getting the 12 tray also only because it pulls 1200 watts vs 1600 watts…BUT now am concerned about the heat from it. So is it noisy or a fairly quiet fan? I have a L’Equip now, just wondering how loud it’d be compared to that…

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

kmom I didnt get this post before i sent you your goodies so no cotton!!! teehee i hope it stays crunchy,...since its so hot where you are I bet you could re dry it and it woudl be crunchy a ever! ;) the chips where a little suprise…. teehee

raw mama and WE, my excalibur is loud and warm the big one from cabellas is louder and warmer but if i ever get to move to a place where i use it at home, ill have a very special place for it, like, away from everything else! maybe in its own little garden shed! teehe actually it could heat a green house nicely, maybe i could keep my veggies warm with it! haha! ~ first sale today!!! droping off granola bars for the kids yoga camp, im nervous…i will post the picks i took of the baggies i made, i cut them into cute shapes using cookie cutters and even invented a new flavor as i was concerned about the kids wanting something more plain and sweet! its called a bunny bar, and made of carrots with a light ginger flavoring…i promise to post the recipe tooo, but things have been crazy!!!! spirited mama and everyone thanks for all the support! you guys are the best!!!

• OMG! That is an awesome idea! Now I need a greenhouse! I was joking to my boyfriend that we could make a shed lined with cedar and I could use it as a sauna\sweat lodge! Yeah it’s way too loud for the kitchen. And way too hot with moist blowing air- especially in the south. We have our air up to 78 degrees already and it may double our air bill if we kept it up here.

I would seriously consider doing the greenhouse thing for real. I’d love to have that with a work area and plants all around.

That is so great Omshanti about the yoga camp. You are like a walking (so to be running) rawvolution!

i read in mother earth news i think about keeping chickens in a winter green house as the heat form their little bods and their chickn breathe is good for keeping the place warm..if i m ove north ill have to give my dehydrator a try in a green house too! It would be grand to work around all my plants and growing food! bummer about that dehydrator though can you put it in the garage? the crepe lady that shares space wihth me in the commercial kitchen has complaied how hot out area is but she hasnt connected the dehydrator to the cause yet! teehe;0

• HI Omshanti! That is so funny! I told my boyfriend about that last night and he was dying laughing too. I visited a greenhouse that was basically warmed by bunnies. You’re not going to believe this but it was on Marthas Vinyard off of Cape Cod. It been a good many years so I’m not sure if it’s still there but thats what the lady did and grew all kinds of vegetables, strawberries, in the cold winter!

I always thought that what a great idea. I love bunnies too- it would be so surreal to have something like that. My boyfriend has something against bunnies but he loves chickens so that might be an option. He had chickens when he lived in Corralitos Ca and had them trained to jump into his hand. He like silkies the best and said they’re fun to hug.

Have you heard of someone having chickens in a greenhouse? Can’t wait to hear about the yoga camp!

• Now who doesn’t like bunnies?? Bunnies are great!! Much better than chickens.. Unless you’ve seen a few bunny-horror movies or the movie WaterShip Down, I guess. Omshanti the box goes out Friday so sometime (hopefully) by the end of the month it should be here if not then the beginning of Sept. >>Boy I wish there was a faster way to get mail from the US to Kurdistan<< My mom was threatening to not send the granola and eat it herself.. So I’m thinking if it looks that good it must taste just awsome! (Raw to my mom is a salad or some carrot sticks).... Can you have a fan in the commercial kitchen? I’m thinking crepe lady might not complain if you could blow out some of the warm air with a fan. If nothing else you can offer to let her keep her crepes near the dehydrator so they stay warm :-).. By the way the bunny bars are a great idea.. I’m sure the kids loved them.. Take care K-Mom

well kmom, WE you wont beieve it but those little stinkers at yoga didnt like the bunny bars near as much as the cococranberry bars that i thought they would hate!!! but it was a success and i have a tasteing with the head honcho yogini end of august before my big debut at the seaside bazaar in encinitas! im so excited! i went to the packageing guy today and he had all kinds of great biodegradable, dye-free stuff! So, much activity on the old credit card!!! teehee

bunnys better than chickens? noooooooo, i love my chickys( not so much my geese) but my chickys eat bad old bugs are really funny to watch and one or two let me pet their feathers. All the bunnys i had as a kid where soooo messy! but they are soft a squishable.hmm it woudl be a toss up, maybe some of each!! the chickens where penned in at one end of the green house i read about...i think it was in an old mother earth news.

kmom, do you want me to send your mom some bunny bars? since she likes carrot sticks! teehee they freeze well! hmmm wonder if we could dry ice you a box…...how did your cookies turn out?

• Wow congratulations Omshanti!! I was reading your post and the name “Yogi bars” came to mind.. lol maybe you can make that work for you?? I’m so excited for you.. Before we know it you’re going to have stocks on the Nasdeq (did I spell that right?) and be a fortune 500 member.. :-D That’s great that you can get bio-degradable – dye free packaging.. I mean why put quality products into junk packaging?? I don’t know how much my mom would eat the bunny bars, now granola.. She’s always loved that which is why I’m sure she was teasing about not sending it. My cookies actually did very well.. It took two days of drying before they were any good but hubby, mom/sister/brothers-in-law all seemed to really like them. I was kinda surprised.. They had a fudgey texture so I’m going to play with the recipe (even though there were only 3 ingredients) and see if I can come up with “Kurdi Kookies II” I think I’ll try using walnuts this time cause we have alot of them and I know that everyone here loves them (maybe more than any other nut) I posted the recipe and I hope in a week or two (depending on when I can go shopping) I’ll post the next one.

lol I think out of all the animals I’ve had growing up I miss my pot-bellied pig the most (I even taught him how to sit and beg for bread), Sigh, but eventually he was tipping the scales at around 300lbs and got a little too big to keep so we had to let him go to a new home. Ok gotta run for now… K-Mom

What color is the CABELA’S dehydrator on the outside? It looks white on the website but looked gray at the one Cabela’s we just visited. Is anybody’s Cabela’s dehydrators white or gray?

Also, how do you like fruit leather trays? They don’t have edges to prevent overspill and I was wondering what you are using for the runnier items like pureed tomatoes?

Thanks…

the only sheets they offered where perferated, but i use parchment paper any hoo..mine is white.

• I have the L’Equip dehydrator. It comes with 6 trays, but you can use only 1 if that’s all you need, and it dehydrates much faster than most recipes on this site have recommended. Very easy to clean (dishwasher safe), and it fits on the kitchen counter. There aren’t teflex sheets that fit this model, since the air vent is in the middle of the tray. It comes with “fruit leather trays” that are solid, but I have found parchment paper works much better.

Thanks! :) I’ll get some parchment paper and try it out. I guess they changed the color of the unit, I should have bought it before when it was white…procrastination, procrastination, procrastination…