Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Natalia Rose Detox 4 Women

Hey all- I was wondering if anyone has tried her new plan for detox in her book "Detox 4 Women" four week challenge.

I was just curious if anyone has tried it and gotten any results worth sharing. I read her book in one day and was thinking about giving it a go this upcoming month.

Comments

• macanoogiemacanoogie Raw Newbie

I'm following her Raw Detox guidelines; I'd love to hear about your experience with the Detox 4 Women.

Good luck!!!

• I just finished her book a week or so ago and tried some of the recipes, but haven't stuck to the detox guidelines 100%. I'm definitely interested in finding a buddy to do this with. If anyone is interested in, let me know.

• macanoogiemacanoogie Raw Newbie

Are the guidelines different in the Detox 4 Women vs. the Raw Food Detox? I.e. proteins vs. carbs vs. dry fruit/nuts - all fruit separate? I'll try to check it out tonight on Amazon; you both have made me curious now. I really like the Raw Food Detox and have seen great results (16 pounds) so far!

• I started it today... the Green Lemonaid is actually not that bad... I love fruits so its gonna be hard to give them up for this detox, since the main goal is to starve the yeast and get the cells clean so you can absorb nutrients, and well, Fruit feeds yeast, so its a no-no. I will let you all know how it goes :-)

• Yes, she says in her book that his in not a raw diet, its a transitional detox cleanse. She states if you jump straight into raw, there arent the same health benefits of completely detoxing first, since you have to completely rid your cells of yeast in order for them to be able to obtain the nutrients from your diet. I have her Raw diet detox book as well, but will be doing this for 4 weeks first. Its stricter than just a raw diet even though this is a more transitional tool and is NOT 100% raw. (She doesnt think being 100% is essential for overall health)- there is no nuts etc, but there is allowance of avocado, tons of raw veggies, steamed veggies, and even wine and chocolate....

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Can you possibly give some samples of the meals that she suggests? There is no fruit for 4 weeks???? Eeek! I do'nt know if I'd survive.

• You can't have fruit but you can have wine!? That sounds crazy. I love Natalia Rose's Raw Food Detox Diet, that's what got me started. Anything that makes you stop eating fruit for a month though sounds scary to me...

• It is basically a liter of water when you wake up and feel like you need it. Then when you feel like you need breakfast it is a large veggie juice. for lunch is where it gets more specific, like today i am having a large salad with tomatoes, sweet onions, peppers, cucumbers, etc with some cinnamon, chives, fresh lemon juice and stevia, raw olives and raw goat cheese. Im also having a carrot and avocado soup and a baked beet. (remember - not 100% raw)

then its dinner. If i get hungry before dinner, i can have more juice or raw veggies.

Dinner for tonight is a large salad. (always start with a salad) and suppose to have fish, but i dont eat fish, so im omitting that, and stemed broccoli.

For dessert im having a 3 oz bar of endangered species 88% cocoa bar :-)

Ill update this post with my progress etc, if i can do it, and if so how long, results etc :-)

• Lobo, any updates on how this is going? I just picked up her book today - I already had Raw Food Detox Diet - and am curious as to whether you've seen a difference....

• The warm feeling I get when someone is thoughtful enough to say thank you for having been helped far outweighs the empty one I get when there's no feedback at all.

• I found an interesting article on the whole candida/yeast issue.

http://www.welikeitraw.com/rawfood/2005/05/candida_breakdo.html

While I appreciate Natalia Rose's simple and transitional approach to raw food, it just doesn't make sense to me to be eating cheese (raw or not) and fish as staples on a detox diet! I could be totally wrong, I'm sure.

• I think for most on a SAD diet, eating processed red meats and not only pasteurized cow cheese but PROCESSED cheese products, HFCS and white sugar, etc, her meal plan with the fish and raw cheese is still a HUGE improvement. They would definitely see improvement. For me and many here, to start eating fish several times a week would be a step backwards and raw goat cheese not very cleansing. I ordered it for myself, but I like her raw detox better (although it still included fish and some cooked foods). I don't have a candida issue (that I know of), so I don't see the point in giving up my fruit for a month.

But when I ordered it, I accidently ordered two, so I actually think it will be a great book to give to my aunt and a friend who eat like SH*T and just cant seem to get the concept of whole food eating but are trying. My aunt just started taking a nutrition class and now she is trying to tell me she learned that coconut oil is BAD and full of cholesterol. And avocados are BAD. *sigh*

• I'm reading this book right now. I'm not sure how a working woman could follow this plan closely since I believe every lunch is a cooked meal. I don't have ability to roast a potato at my job, and I KNOW she's not thinking I should use a microwave!! Anyway, I think the book has a lot of useful information, but I agree with Pirawna. If you're already eating a lot of raw foods, it does feel like a step backwards to eat cheese and fish! Also, I have no intention of giving up fruit for a whole month! I'd have to be fighting something really serious to consider that since fruit makes up a large part of my diet.

I really need to eat more salad, though! :)

• Oh her detox for women diet you berries and grannysmith apples are allowed so you don't have to give up fruit completely. You are allowed to eat tomato's as well. I really like this diet and have had a lot more energy since I started it.

• annakuzannakuz Raw Newbie

Hi girls. Could anyone share the books via email? Just cannot purchase them from my country:( 

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Hi Annakuz. smile

What country are you from?

• annakuzannakuz Raw Newbie

Ukraine.. The one with the war with russia.having problems with banks and card payments for almost a year now...