Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Self help books?

Raw PassionRaw Passion Raw Newbie

Im in the mood..well actually if Im being honest. I need to read some self help books, Im at a place in life where I think I need a desperate change in conciousness and thought.

I need a book that will help me see life ina different to think in a different way and a way of removing all those...I cant think of the word... ways of thinking and being that are imposed on us.

You know the sort I mean: Oh life is hard, you should be doing this, etc.

Not neccaserily just that I would love you to just recommend your favourite self-help, spirtual etc books, i just need something to get me thinking and sink my raw teeth into.

Go on get suggesting ;)

P.S I have already read 'The secret', 'Feel the fear and do it anyway' and 2 of the Anastasia books (Im awaiting the third through post)

Comments

• I really like the books by Pema Chodron, a buddhist nun, but works great for non-buddhists, too (as myself). Or then the books by James Hollis, a Jungian with a more analytical take. I suggest to google for titles and the summaries in Amazon. There is also Care for the Soul by Thomas Moore, and Anam Cara by John O'Donohue, and finally Conscious Living by David K. Reynolds. These are all quite different from each other, I hope some of these hit the spot:-)

• M42M42

I personally found Steve Pavlina's book, Personal development for intelligent people, to bevery insightful and practical. Not too suitable if you're looking for a more spiritual book but well, you can read some of his articles as a preview at his blog (http://www.stevepavlina.com/).

• Chef ShuannaChef Shuanna Raw Newbie

I am a HUGE fan 'The Art of Happiness' by the Dalai lama. It offers WONDERFUL perspectives on dealing with everyday emotions. It offers great advice dealing with everything from feelings of jealousy to self image to kindness. I love it. It is one of those books that is great to read once or twice a year. I would HIGHLY suggest it. Even if your not buddhist or hold any of those belies... it talks about the basics of human compassion and I think EVERYONE could benefit from it!

Cheers!

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Go to Revolutioniz.com

also look up learning strategies, Just bought "seeds of enlightenment" Have not started it yet I will try to remember to update you on it later.

• I second books by Pema Chodron and the Dalai lama. As someone already mentioned, no need to be Buddhist to get something from them.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Quantum Healing, by Deepak Chopra was awesome!

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

The Sedona Method by Hale Dwoskin.

It's a self-help technique for letting go of uncomfortable feelings, beliefs, and emotions on the spot. I use it in my coaching a LOT and it is really really good.

The nice thing about the book is, he gives you everything in it. It's not just a sales pitch for courses, etc., the book has all the instruction you need. Very cool.

• -Feelings Buried Alive Never Die by Karol K Truman

-The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy

-Celestial Prophecy by James Redfield

-Living magically by Gill Edwards

-The alchemist by Paulo Coelo

-Anastasia by Vladimir Megre, highly recommended

-Journey of Souls by Michael Newton PhD

-The nature of personal reality: a seth book by Jane Roberts

- A Course in Miracles is an amazing book

-Theta Healing by Vianna Stibal - http://www.thetahealing.com/

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I found Don Miguel Ruiz's 'The Four Agreements' very good. Really helped me through some shaky times.

Its very simple but effective. I lent it to a friend ages ago and really want it back as could do with reading it again.