Vegan to raw! : )

Hey everyone,

I'm a 23 year old college girl and I want to switch to a healthier diet! I was raised omnivore but I never actually liked the taste of meat and eggs, and I don't do well on dairy anyway so it was very easy for me to go vegan for environmental reasons. Now, for the last 4 weeks or so I've been trying to add more raw foods into my diet. During my vegetarian and vegan years I gained a lot of excess weight, basically because I relied too much on processed soy products, pasta, too much dressing in my salads and stuff like that. I've always been pretty thin, so I was under the impression that I'm the kind of person who doesn't gain weight that easily. Was I ever wrong, hahah.

At the moment, the only cooked food I eat is oatmeal for breakfast (non-instant, organic), and I plan to gradually replace it with smoothies. I still drink a lot of tea, but I don't feel like messing with it for now, there's just so much to work on as it is. I also realized that my diet is a bit boring and I need to include a greater variety of veggies. I can't even remember the last time I ate spinach!

The thing is, I don't know what to do first. I read that some people lose weight when they go raw but it "goes back to normal" in a few months or so. I actually want that weight to stay off! What I'd really like to know is, would you advise me to just focus on going raw for the time being and not worry about weight loss before I get used to my new diet, or try to lose that weight on the way? And before you ask, I do work out and drink a lot of water every day!

I sure do ramble a lot, sorry for that! I haven't been on a forum for a long time. : D

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Comments

• Lash into the smoothies and eat as wide a variety as you can, especially fruit! Don't pay any attention to your weight - it'll take care of itself as long as you treat yourself well.

• Awesome on drinking lots of water and working out! Make sure you're getting enough sleep too. ;)

As for losing weight on raw, I think it's definitely important to focus on just eating raw... but... there are definitely ways to make the weight loss more permanent / accelerated. For example you might consider how much you're eating, when and combined with what. Honestly though I would recommend you just go raw first and then adjust course when you feel comfortable eating raw. :)

Hope that helps!

• Hello Everyone!

Cardigan : I started out like almost as you.. first vegeratian then vegan and now Raw... ive been on the Raw food for almost 1 year and i love it and i feels great! :-)

My xpirience is that i lost weight during the time i started eating Raw...and ive keept the weight i wanted..i do workout as well....and drink a lot of water :-)

You are gonna keep the weight you want if you do as you are doing now... eat Raw and work out... healthy lifestyle ;-) Dont worry :-)

Im fro Sweden and Raw is not that big here yet... but its comming ;-) hahahaha

Take care and good luck!!!! :-)

/Anna