source of life

teacupteacup Raw Newbie

I have source of life energy shake powder available to me for free at work and it's delicious but i know it's not exactly the best option for me. here are it's claims and ingredients. please tell me why i should refrain from consuming this!

Source of Life

Comments

• the_chumanathe_chumana Raw Newbie

You get this for free? It looks more like you are trying to sell us on it. I know a REAL source of life! Try eating raw foods. The ingredient list looks like indigestion and DEAD foods. There is only one source of life and it doesn't come in a package. Did I already mention RAW foods?

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

Well, it has a lot of synthetic/isolated nutrients, which aren't great for you. It also has isolated soy protein, which may cause hormone imbalances. In addition, fructose is a refined sugar.

But it's ultimately up to you as to whether this is something that is suitable for you right now. If you're still transitioning, this may be a good food for you.

I used to drink this stuff (many, many years ago), and I liked it. I was a vegetarian leaning towards veganism at the time. After many years of eating a whole-foods vegan diet and a few years of eating a raw vegan diet, I wouldn't drink it now.

• teacupteacup Raw Newbie

i've been vegan for years and years and about 80% raw for the past two. I don't need it for transitioning, I just think it's delicious, I just basically want everyone on here to tell me specific ingredients/reasons as to why I should refrain, because I know I should. I'm definitely not trying to sell anyone on it!!!

I guess before adding it to my smoothies I need to remind myself of exactly how processed and "dead" it is, and I could most likely blame some of my indigestion on it as well.

Today for example while working I made a smoothie consisting of Braggs Apple Cinnamon Health Drink (water, apple juice, acv, cinnamon, & stevia) with an apple, strawberries, and bananas. Then I ruined it by adding source of life but it tasted so good!

That was at 6 PM, and I'm having really bad gas (both ends! ew) and I can taste it, 4 hours later.

• freewitheftfreewitheft Raw Newbie

I just re-read it, and it doesn't say non-GMO soy. Which is to be expected, since almost all soy in the US is GMO. Then if you scroll down to the ingredient list, you see the #1 ingredient is the soy.