Sick, help!

I have one of those yucky illnesses when all you want to eat is crackers. I have no accessibility to raw crackers though and Im trying not to eat any cooked food. Anybody any great raw food ideas for those yucky sort of stomach bug/sort of cold kind of days?

Comments

• the_chumanathe_chumana Raw Newbie

Just drink water. Give your digestion a break and give your body the chance to heal.

• I got really horribly sick once since I went raw. I was camping. I recovered more quickly than I ever have. I blame:

Ginger lemonade. Drank the stuff all day.

Tons of sunlight/fresh air.

Tons of water with oregano oil.

Oranges.

Pineapple.

What most of these things have in common are that they're all extremely hydrating and alkalizing. That along with the antimicrobial properties of oregano oil and some other herbs I was taking (you probably don't have access to them) healed me in a day even though I was feeling more sick than ever.

• This is a hard one I got really sick after going raw it lasted 6 months and i couldnt walk could digest anything and had bruises all over my body from my white blood cells exploding as they tried to fight off the disease I eventually ended up giving up the raw life style and now a couple years later am back at square 1 so i know how it is. It is great that there is a place like this to find answers because the more you can continue to keep raw living at the core of your life style the better I would say make juices and if you need to some miso soup and if you really need crackers allow yourself to eat some none wheat or rice crackers but DO NOT let it discourage!