Swiss chard

Hello all!

Anyone have any recipes incorporating swiss chard (not in a smoothie/juice)?

Thank you!

All my Love,

The Raw-Monster

Comments

• steamed swiss chard with a bit of olive oil and some crushed red peppers and garlic. tasty side dish. of course, you can also add lime/ lemon at the end. that is all i have so far. my mom like to make a soup out of it also. dont have that recipe

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

It does well in salads, especially if you rub it with a little sea salt, let it sit a few minutes, and then rub it again with some lemon juice. It gets it a little wilted and makes it a bit more palpable. It grew on me the longer I've been raw. My favorite salad dressing is just macadamia nuts, lemon juice, salt, and dill (sometimes a bit of onion thrown in - just a little bit). That over swiss chard and maybe some spinach or lettuce plus lots of sprouts is yummy. You can also marinate it in a bit of water, olive oil, lemon and chopped garlic (plus whichever other spices) and then put it in the food dehydrator on higher temperature for an hour to heat it up. Wilted greens are great.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I like chard roll-ups. Wrap chard leaves around avocado, tomato, and basil. I would not use salt, oil, or heating for mine, at least. Chard has sodium (as do tomatoes).