SO im having a problem

Soooo i am totally addicted to dates. I dont think i am eating enough in quantity of fruits and vegetables because it is a pain in the ass and im usually in a hurry to "hurry up and eat" and go do something. I am reaching for the 80/10/10 style of raw. I dont really understand how much i need to be eating and i usually eat like every 6 hours and i am ravenous.

The dates need to quit it. i think i am eating them because it is a faster way to get full and more like dense foods im used to. and i have had a sore throat for days, out of nowhere.

:/ :(

plZ help?

Comments

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Well, if you eat your dates, make sure you drink enough water, too.

can you get some juicy fruits now?

• yeahh groceries stores around me have a pretty bare selection, but doable in the summer. Its mostly just me not eating enough and then getting tired of being hungry. AND im trying not to let it freak me out to eat a LOT of fruit, but it still kinda does although ive always been a huge fruit eater, just not in the same quantities.

thanx for the reply :)

• grapefruit.fanaticgrapefruit.fanatic Raw Newbie

Have you tried eating more often so that you're not waiting until you're "ravenous"?

If you want something quick, how about bananas, apples, grapes, pears, peaches, plums, etc? Just wash and eat. If you eat them throughout the day instead of at two or three meals, you probably won't feel overwhelmed by huge amounts of fruit at once, and also won't be hungry all day.

• yeah you're totally right. i need to start taking food to work so im not doing the 6, 7, 8 hour stretch b/w meals

• i was a little addicted to dates too! i liked the density and how sweet they were. you'll get over it, i think everyone one goes through phases. i really always had to have dessert a few months back and now not so much. the date thing is completely over, they just make me thirsty now! weird huh? my advice is go ahead with your dates and you'll get tired of them.

• hahaa ok thanks, that is actually very comforting.