Enzyme therapy

Has anyone tried enzyme therapy or used enzymes? I am interested in learning of your experiences and views.

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

hey, ive used all types of enzymes mainly digestive ones though, they are ok but not a patch on digestive bitters for digestion issues.

plus the side effects such as the enzymes which break down fibre leaving the good bacteria with no food, and long term they can weaken digestion.

• ns

i'm a holistic doctor and work with people providing specific nutrition to optimize body function(s) enzymes can be helpful for those who require it however the key is determining WHAT the body is asking for hence a qualified assessment is necessary

lots of pills/supplements out there the REAL trick is getting REALLY specific and getting EXACTLY what YOUR body requires NOW

hope that makes sense to you.

should you have any questions feel free to email me. i'm happy to reply.

• nsns

powerlifer: what bitters can one use for general digestive purposes? and in what form - capsules, powder, raw herb? Any brands and types you recommend? I don't think I have any serious digestive issues. However, I wouldn't mind trying out the bitters just to see if some things improve. No harm in trying to improve digestion just a little bit more.

docrona: thanks for the offer. I very much agree with what you said. I don't really have any serious problems (only very minor ones) - thank God. I am just experimenting with various things with myself as the subject.

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

ns bitters have to be in liquid or powder form so that they can come in contact with the bitter receptors at the back of the tongue. Them coming in contact then stimulates the vagus nerve to release stomach acid, pancreatic enzymes, bile secreation whilst providing a flushing action to the liver and gallbladder.

im not fond of swedish bitters as they contain stimulant laxative herbs, plantery herbs do a grape bitter formula which is pretty decent, if you can find chinese bitters there also good. Single bitter herbs such as gentian will work etc. You can take half the dose it recommends such as half a teaspoon on the tongue before meals.

remember to up your water intake as they do cleanse the liver well.