Stomach Ulcers

I think i might have an ulcer. When i eat i have a deep sharp pain in my stomach for a whiiiiiiLe. idk what else it could be. Anyone had one of these??? If so, could it be from too much acidic food? how do you fix it without gargling Pepto?

Comments

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

you know i was just getting on here to ask the same thing, though imnot sure if it is an ulcer, all i know is it hurts and im nausues alot

ive been reading around some sites and im getting alot of juice fasting for at least 14 days

• Some things to consider:

Are you eating "rougher" veggies raw like brocolli, carrots, califlower and such? I like them raw, but they bother my stomach if I eat alot of them.

Another question to think on- did this start only after you went raw? (relating back to my first question) Or has it been ongoing?

Do you drink alot of coffee? (that really messes up my stomach)

If it's a very actively bleeding ulcer (not saying it is) that can be very serious. If it's not that bad, I would think you can treat it holistically. There are test that can be done to see how bad it is, but if you don't have insurance it would be expensive.

If you are feeling faint or exrememly tired get into a doctor though.

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

is this pain only when eating?

a couple of things you can try, licorice root is good for healing ulcers. Plantain bananas are also great for this.

mastic gum is used for wiping out h.pylori if this is the cause of your ulcers.

• Yeah i read something about a water fast, which sounds like torture , but i would do it anyway. idk if i have one either, but it seems so. my dad, who is a doctor, thinks it is gastritis- enflamed stomach. maybe look that up rawmama.

well my pain started after becoming raw. i was thinking all the fats and dried food i was consuming may have enflamed it. i have not been eating many rough vegetables only leafy greens. i only drink water.

Thanks powerlifer, i'm definitely going to go get a plantain or two

my pain was before i was raw, while i was raw( not in the begining but towards the end) and right now when im not real raw. no i dont think mine is a bleeding ulcer. im going to go for a 15 day juice fast( feast) and i'll add some licorise root tea to it. i really feel within myself this is what i need to do to heal my stomach. i have never done a fast before --

• well i found out that my "ulcer" is being really Realllly constipated Hahahahah I didnt think that was possible on raw, but it was definitely that boat load of unripe bananas. I have learned my lesson :(

!!!!!NOBODY EAT UNDER-RIPENED BANANAS!!!!!!

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

lol damn, for fibre i like rice bran, has a whole load of benefits and nutrition but might not be fully raw. Great prebiotic fibre, high in antioixdents, b vitamins and minerals.