Wild Rice?

Since wild rice is really just a seed, do you have to boil it like most recipes suggest, or can you just soak it overnight?

Comments

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I soak it for a couple of days in the refrigerator until it starts to split. I like marinated in salads.

• Yum. Does anyone else have any good recipes for wild rice?

• Thank you daniefon! When I reread my comment, I realized that it did come across a bit weird :s I hope I didn't offend. I never hear anyone talk about wild rice. Is it considered raw? I saw it in the health food store the other day and got inspired. I bet it is super good in an asian-style dish too.

No offense taken! I was just teasing. This is really the only way I've made it. I like it so much that it's the only thing I've tried. Oh and wait, I forgot to include the ginger! It calls for a t. of chopped crystallized ginger, which probably isn't raw. When I've used it, I knock off all sugar. Or, I use fresh. It is where a lot of the flavor comes from.I am glad you responded or I wouldn't have noticed.

I am not someone else, but I'll give you my favorite recipe for wild rice the measurements are approximate, adjust to your tastebuds:

marinate 1 c. soaked rice in :

2 t. sweetner (honey, agave, etc)

juice from 1/2 lime

2 T. olive oil

1 t. chopped fresh rosemary

1 t. ginger, minced

pinch of sea salt

add:

2 chopped green onions

1/3 c. dried cranberries

1 chopped green pear

it's also good served topped with chopped pecans