yogurt

fruitarian and wondering so far two weeks and wonder if should have yogurt in my diet plan for calcium

would that be horrible to do

or should i stick to te 80 10 10 plan

Comments

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

i would drink a high calcium herbal tea.

oat straw

nettle

horsetail

and then i would add

rosehips

lemongrass

mountainroseherbs.com :)

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

If you are following the 811rv plan then you should be consuming 2-6% of your calories from vegetables, like dark green leaves.

If you are then you will be getting a lot of calcium from those veggies like baby spinach.

You should also look up the calcium content of oranges, and other fruits.

Oranges are high in calcium!!!

But if you read 80 10 10 and listened to Dr Graham, the only species that doesn't know what to eat are humans, and the only species that worries about individual nutrients is humans.

If you follow the plan you shouldn't have to worry about any nutrients except for b12, which comes from bacteria, and gets destroyed/ and or washed off our foods for various reasons, compared to years ago.

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

chia seeds are a great source of calcium.

http://www.amlaberry.co.uk

• thank you so much

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

My two cents on yogurt: the best thing I've ever done for my health was getting off dairy. I was vegetarian for 15 years before going raw. Quitting meat made me feel so much better and my digestion went from not so good to much better. However, the clean, light, free feeling I have from getting away from dairy is wonderful.

So, my advice, find other sources of calcium, there are plenty of vegan sources!

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

Also beware of the dairy industry propaganda.

They are trying to say that you need X amount of calcium / day, where other people in other countries don't even get half that amount, and they have lower incidences of osteoporosis.

Also beware that there are different types of calcium, it is not all the same.

Did you know your dairy products are cooked, that a lot of the nutrients are destroyed,and that not all the calcium in the dairy product can be utilized anyway?

The latest study from the dairy industry says that chocolate milk better than sugary drinks after a workout.

• I would suggest to make your own yogurt by adding probiotic powder.

That is what I usually do.

Also, carrot juice has lots of calcium.

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Make water kefir, its a brilliant source of good bacteria, its a fermented drink that doesnt taste all that bad either which is a huge plus as i cant stand cultured veggies(which are also awesome for restoring the good flora of your digestive tract) but they stink lol.

water kefir for those with intestinal problems/candida is a great tool in getting well.

http://www.amlaberry.co.uk

• Goji berries have an enormous amount of C in them: more Vitamin C in a handful of goji berries than in a whole box of oranges!