Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Grapes or bananas?

Ive been eating up to 4 pounds of grapes a day, organic purple ones. I feel awsome. Im just thinking if bananas are better to eat than grapes?

I eat alot of fruit, so im wondering if its ok to eat more of grapes or bananas , for example to lose weight. I have a freind who is trying out the raw food diet. They would like to know if they can mono eat more grapes or bananas?

Comments

• Both. Both are great for you but remember they are full of fructose (Fruit sugars). Don't just eat fruit. Mix with dark green leafy vegys like baby spinach leaves. Girls need lots of iron and calcium in spinach.

PeaceOut,

Maggie

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

Yeah, what maggiesbiz says. In addition, I believe grapes have more vitamins than bananas.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Grapes are great! Many people do not know that they are pretty calorically dense and so they're great for making sure you get enough fruit (especially if you don't like bananas).

Enjoy 'em! :)

Swayze

www.fitonraw.com/blog

• My dog loves to share my raw food diet. I just learned that raisins and grapes are toxic to dogs. So don't share.

• I don't know what's with the scare or fructose, fructose from fruits in whole form with all the fiber/fat/protein and vitamin/minerals is completely different from the fructose in HFCS. This fruit scare is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life. Even if you watch that now famous youtube video The Truth about Sugar or something (i can't get youtube at work) he mentions fruit briefly around the 1 hour mark and how fiber is the natural "antidote" to fructose.

Also if you use a tool like cron-o-meter and you eat just all fruits in a day you should see that you get about 200-250% of Iron and for calcium I get about 1000 mg a day which is MORE than enough.

• Oh but to answer you question probably banana's because they are more calorie dense, plus I mean I would go broke eating grapes all the time...

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

No fruits better than the other in my opinion its best to get a mixture daily, broader scope of phytonutrients but also better variety of nutrients:).

So in that answer abit of both lol.

http://www.amlaberry.co.uk

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

Yes it is ok to eat as many as you want.

To lose weight you eat less calories than you require.

I believe the formula is 10 cals/ lbs of body weight to lose, 15 to maintain and 20 to gain.

So if a person weights 150lbs they should consume 1500 cals to lose, 2250 to maintain and 3000 to gain.

I would also include a LARGE salad eat day, made up of dark leafy greens and some of your favorite vegetables , just for the nutrietns you will be missing from the fruit.