Natalia Rose's Quick Exit principle

I've been reading a lot of books on raw food, amongst them Natalia Rose's " Raw Food Life Force Energy". In it, she discusses the "quick-exit" principle, suggesting that raw foods should only be consumed in certain combinations for optimum weight loss and energy. It makes approaching raw foods feel much more daunting, and I worry that I am eating things inappropriately.

So far today, for example, I've had a green juice, some raw strawberry pie (raw cashew and date crust, fresh strawberries, coconut butter and agave), guacamole and raw sea veggie crackers. Does that sound reasonable?

Do you think this "quick-exit" theory has any real significance? I could use a little guidance here.

Thanks.

Comments

• susan121susan121 Raw Newbie

YES YES YES

just try it... it's blisssssssssss

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Im not sure i understand, but any eating plan is about variety, eat as varied as possible and you should be set:).

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

It sounds like a high fat diet to me, but if it makes you feel energized then that's all that matters.

I find high fruit makes me energized.

Weight loss has to do with calories.

Reducing calories will produce weight loss on any diet.

• I'm totally open to it, but for some reason find it very confusing. Do you have any suggestions for how to approach it on an initial level?

• I understand the concept of calories and weight loss, but Natalia emphasizes the relevance of the quick-exit principle, and so I was curious about how many people had tried that. I agree that I've been taking in a lot more fat than usual, but I've also been reading a lot about how important it is to include these fats and that they shouldn't be problematic if eaten correctly. I am not taking in particularly large quantities of anything, so calorie-wise I should still be okay; just very befuddled by the idea of only combining certain foods together.

It's pretty simple. Natalia's idea is pretty much eat whatever you want in the right order. And it does work. When I first started raw, I was eating about 4000 calories a day (in the right combo) and I still lost 12 lbs the first month.

Basically, eat your fresh fruits with other fresh fruits and nothing else.

Eat your veggies with your starches.

Eat your veggies with your proteins.

Eat your veggies with fats.

Eat starches with other starches.

Eat proteins with other proteins.

Don't combine starch with protein. Don't combine fresh fruit with anything other than fresh fruit. Don't combine overt fats with anything other than veggies.

I think that sums it up.

• Thank you, that makes sense (I think)! I'll give it go; fingers crossed for vitality and glee :)

Oh, and I forgot you can mix fresh fruits with greens. Pretty much anything can be mixed with leafy greens.

Dried fruits and nuts/seeds go together (and you can eat bananas with these as well).

And don't mix avocados with nuts/seeds!