Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

no appetite

susan121susan121 Raw Newbie

What do you guys do when you lose your appetite? I'm on day 2 of absolutely no appetite and today I forced some green juice down. What do you think is the best way to deal? Force yourself to eat something or just let it come back naturally?

Comments

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Hmm, I would get worried by day 3 or 4, but going 2 days wtihout an appetite isn't too long.....are you drinking water at least? are you sedentary?

how do you feel besides no appetite?

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Wow, I wish I could help but I've never lost my appetite (well, except once when I had a broken heart).

I'm guessing it will probably come back naturally but if it doesn't maybe check it out with the docs. Have you had this before? Are there other things going on in your life which might indicate why this has happened?

I've read somewhere about cinnamon and alfalfa helping to stimulate appetite - not sure if it's true tho.

• susan121susan121 Raw Newbie

I feel good and normal except for the worrying over not eating. In the past month I've lost about 20 lbs from marathon training and I don't want to lose muscle from not eating. I feel the same way today. tried to eat a plum this morning and spit it right back out. :(

Did you go running these past few days? maybe it's a good time for a break? The training is probably tiring. I'm sorry you don't feel well. :/

I took a break yesterday, but I don't feel tired or worn out at all so I'll probably train today. I guess I'm just gonna wait til it comes back on it's own. Maybe my body needs a break from food.

Yeah, a run might bring on appetite....but maybe not. :( I'll take your plums!!!

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

Hmm...I'm actually in the same boat right now. Nothing really sounds good or it makes me nauseated. I've had this happen off and on for the past few weeks and usually it comes back after a couple days on its own. Be sure to keep downing lots of water. (And it's not pregnancy ;) I"m not working out though, so I'd be careful there. I have to keep shoving smoothies at my husband to keep his weight at a decent level and he's a moderate distance runner (fast but usually max 12 miles right now). Decent weight meaning somewhere above emaciated.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i would still give your body some nutrients even if you aren't hungry. most people need at least 1200 calories a day just for their body to function and i think it's crucial to get this amount.

here's a breakdown of where the calories go:

heart = 144 cal. or 12%

kidney= 144 cal. or 12 %

liver= 276 cal. or 23%

brain= 276 cal. or 23%

skeletal muscle= 360 calories or 30%

if your organs get less than what they need to function, your vital processes will slow down. so if you're also training today, you definitely need more than the 1200 calories.

I'm thinking the same thing jbanana... I only ran 6 miles today but on an empty stomach that puts me at a huge calorie deficit. I'm sure even if I feel fine today, a few more days of this is gonna wear me out. I tried to get in about 300 calories worth of coconut water, though, so I hope that helps. It's just a strange feeling to not want to eat, since I usually ALWAYS want to eat haha

• greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

If I were you I'd stop the running for a couple of days as you could faint as you are not eating. Eat your fave fruit or a nice little nut treat or whatever is your fancy and just rest. Also, juice some fruit and drink that for the calories and sugar.Even if you have one banana that's a start.

Perhaps there is some other issue going on..are you feeling down or stressed? That can make one lose the appetite.

• nixienixie Raw Jr. Leader

joannabanana, that's interesting information. Can you tell me where you got that the breakdown of calories per organ?