Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

80-10-10 vs Hippocrates Nutrition Program, or something simple?

2»

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Haha, i was going to purchase it but after viewing vegsource for the past month and the videos from Doug ill think ill give it a big miss.

Nothing against 80/10/10 or low fat high fruiters as alot like yourself have had good benefits, but some of the information Dougs been coming out with on that forum just isnt scientifically sound so id rather look for sound info elsewhere.

• This thread has been very interesting as I am new to raw and am wanting to make sure I getting a balanced diet and there is a lot of conflicting info, just like this thread demonstrates.

I don't suffer from candidiasis, but I would like to comment on the acid/alkaline theories. I was told by my oncologist that I've been running on the acid side for awhile, so I asked him if there was anything I could do to change my diet to balance my body's acidity and the response was, "No, just drink more water as the acidity is probably due to dehydration." I also asked him/them (as there were actually doctors present) about the high acid/alkaline diet theories and they both said that we should strive to have a balanced PH system - neither high in either.

I appreciate the members of this website who take the time to thoughtfully debate out the issues. I love it, because I've been to quite a few websites with only the author's point of view and left with, "Are they SERIOUS?" With the info on this website, I come away with the feeling like I can take this diet serious.

Thank you!