Shopping site suggestions

hikurohikuro Raw Newbie

Anybody have any suggestions on shopping sites for food, supplements, natural products, etc.? I recently decided to buy some kelp powder since I don't have a good iodine source in my diet, and ended up using vitacost.com They charge a flat shipping rate, so I shopped around for a few other bits to make the order 'worth it'. Perhaps using Amazon has spoiled me, but anybody know any sites with a good selection that offer free shipping? A minimum order of $25 or so is fine, I've seen some with $99 but that's too much just to get free shipping.

Thanks.

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Well shameless plug here but if my site helps you any let me know, sometimes i can do deals etc. Seems as if your in the US though with using vitacost. Although are shipping isnt too expensive for most items.

Nice one on the kelp iodine is a very important mineral and it cost me alot of problems a while back.

http://www.amlaberry.co.uk

• hikurohikuro Raw Newbie

Ah, yes, I forgot to add that I was in the US.

I debated on whether or not to get the kelp because I've never had any apparent iodine/thyroid issues, but it seems there's a good difference between not developing a goiter and optimal levels. I've never liked fish, only had seaweed once and didn't like it(fishy, although I know different ones vary), and even when I eat SAD it seems in packaged/restaurants/etc. they don't use iodized salt anymore, so I figured chances are I'm not at optimal levels; and thought the kelp powder would be the most concentrated/easiest to hide the taste of(if it has one) in a smoothie.

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

When you go vegan you basically eliminate every source of iodine minus fruits and vegetables which its debatable if they even contain any iodine with how the soil is these days. I didnt realise this for a few years until i started getting alot of problems. So aslong as you dont have any autoimmune thyroid issue, a little iodine wont help and will help counter any problems associated with low iodine:).

Yeah seaweed is an acquired taste, i usually use it in miso soup, dulse is my favorite due to its lack of fishy taste and how quickly it melts in the mouth.

• If you're in the market for an excellent wheatgrass supplement, Sweet Wheat has some of the best service available in the US. They've got a "holiday special" for most products going on right now.

http://www.sweetwheat.com/store/

Have a great day!

• We grow Alfalfa, which is great protein substance and keeps your body alkaline. We grow Olive Leaf which helps keep your immune system up, and we also grow Stevia which is a natural sweetener. Our Stevia is Green Leaf Stevia, which means it's not the processed white stuff you buy in the health stores.

If you are looking for Free Shipping just call our Toll Free Number: 1-877-682-1188 and quote the code 'Alfie'. (Free shipping in US and Canada only)

If you want to check us or our products out go to:

http://www.suedehills.com

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Lucky vitamin is my favorite place, although lately they seem to be out of a few things I normally get, such as raw hemp seed protein, but you can't bet there prices. A lot of them are close to wholesale.