trying raw again but need help.

Hey everyone, I'm Shanice from Manchester UK. I'm trying to kick off into raw foods with a green smoothie and juice fast. I got on my scales last week and saw a number I did not like, I've always been overweight so didn't really see what was wrong with it until I put on 2 stones extra with the help of my birth control implant, the extra lbs have given me bad knees to the point where I cant walk too far and I'm only 21. That's when I realised that I need to try raw foods again I want to spend the rest of my life as a healthy person. Last time I failed because I thought I could do it all alone but I just can't which is why I'm here to make friends and have a support network.

sorry for rambling on lol

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Hey Shanice, welcome to the forums:). I would say starting off by juice fasting might not be a good idea, although im a big fan of juicing i like to add a little fiber to slow down the absorption of sugar as pure fructose has been shown to be a contributing factor to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.

Anyway what i was getting at is you'd probably make a better start by including as much raw fruit and vegetables as you want to eat, along with a little nuts, seeds, seaweed etc. That way your likely to keep it up, still lose weight and not feel like your not getting enough food. You can always juice fast at a later date.

Just thought id give my 2 cents:) take care and good luck.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I think it will be good to include enough calories as well, and definitely enoguh greens. Can you do a nice salad with nonsweet fruits (tomato, cucumber, avocado, etc.) at nighttime in addition to your green smoothies?

Welcome!

• thanks powerlifer and superfood2 :) I have been juicing and making smoothies for 4 days now and i have adding nuts in when i feel too weak, I will try adding salad at the end of the day because I know that's when I'm most hungry. for some reason i have no appetite till about 4pm then im really really hungry which definitely added to my weight gain.

items like the sweet fruits and nuts will have more calories than salad, so don't feel bad about eating more than one salad or having sweet fruits or 1 oz. of nuts with your salad. :)

raw plant-based calories are our friends. :)

• il keep that in mind, before my first ever juice fast last year a green leafy veg had never touched my lips and now i love spinach and lettuce and kale so i'm proud of that :)

yum, thoughts of greens - makign me hungry!!!

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Remember the nuts, seeds and seaweeds, no need to overdo them but they are essential and important to get nutrients you cant with fruits and vegetables:).