Refrigerating Green Juice?

Hiya

I only recently received my first juicer a couple of days ago and my first glass of green juice was consumed shortly after. At someone's recommendation, I use lemon juice to cut the taste of the vegetables and I come out with a glass of fresh, clean tasting juice. Love it!

I have one of those juicers that requires quite a bit of cleanup afterwords and eh, I'm still getting used to that. I want to be able to be able to make a lot of juice and store it for later.

Can I refrigerate green juice? If so, for how long?

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I have read that it depends on the type of juicer. If you have a centifigual juicer, then it should be drank right away. If you have a masticating juicer (with augers), then you may keep it in the fridge for a day or two.

• RawKarenRawKaren Raw Newbie

I freeze green veg juices in small baby food containers and add them to fruit smoothies. Might not necessarily be the best way of taking it but very convenient if you drink alot of it! I tend to make strong 'shots' such as wheatgrass or cilantro which work well added to other juices.

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Your best consuming juices straight away as they oxidize and you lose alot of the nutrient content. Keeping them covered as best as possible will allow you some time but like i say its best to just juice a small amount and drink immediately.

Superfoods