Raw and Diabetic?

Hi there i'm Ali and I'm really interested in the raw lifestyle .I'm a type one diabetic ( my pancreas shut down due to the chicken pox when i was a kid) and I was wondering what ya'lls opinion of that would be. I'm interested in the 80/10/10 diet but i'm still researching.

Comments

• Ali,

I believe that eating raw would actually make your situation better. When you eat food, uncooked and raw, the way it was meant to be you get ALL the health benefits. Research it, of course, but I think you would benefit greatly from going raw.

• Also if you're looking for a diabetic safe sweetener we have Stevia. It's a plant that is naturally sweet, without all the crap you get with sugars or sugar substitutes :) Hope your researching goes well

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

You may want to look into Gabriel Cousens and his books. His diet seems to be geared towards diabetics, although i realize one diet doesn't fit all. The diet is very low glycemic with higher nut/fat content to make up for the loss of carbs.

• CeidrenCeidren Raw Superstar

Gabriel Cousens has a book, 'there is a cure for diabetes' that you should look into.

• hi

I am also a type 1 and have benefited greatly form eating raw. I pump, and use much less insulin when I am eating raw. 80-10-10 is great, but I don't find it a long term solution fr me- I am not emotionally satisfied and need more fat. Check in and let me know how yo aure doing :)

happy new year

Claire