Benefits of going raw, when do you notice them?

Hi,

I've heard so many benefits that come from going raw including things like better skin, weight loss, brighter eyes, and improvements in sinus problems. These are the things I'm hoping will improve, especially with the eyes as mine are often red and dull and I don't know what's causing this. My question is when did you notice improvements in these areas and do you think I can expect to see improvement in a diet that is about 60% raw?

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• RawEverythingRawEverything Raw Newbie

Pretty fast (2-4 weeks i think) you will see improvements, some things take longer to fix (moles, 2+ years mostly raw and I still have them although they are much lighter than in my vegetarian SAD days). Try to stay off grains, wheat and dairy and everything will be all right.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

80% or mroe raw, within 3 days (if the foods are actually raw - meaning produce)

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

I agree that in as little as 3 days you can get the benefits of raw through the increased nutrition especially if you suffer from weak adrenal glands etc.

75% raw though in my opinion.

• Hi all, thanks much for your input. I went vegan from regular poor eating habits 2 weeks ago and went 95% raw about 4 days ago and now I'm staying at about 60 to 75% raw I'm not sure for how long. This diet is pretty hard to maintain with my hectic lifestyle but I will definitely stay vegan.

So far...my chronic heartburn and constipation is cured, I'm sleeping better, have more energy, need less sleep and my skin is looking better. But that's it so far. I'm eating greens and fruit, salads, green smoothies and juicing a lot. I do have some soy yugurt, raw nuts or a veggie burger about once a day when I'm absolutely starving and need fuel to keep up with everything I need to do. But yes, I'm feeling better.