Im New :)

Hello everyone, um i am new here on this site, well actually i'm not because i was on here moths ago i just slipped for a while. I used to be a little bit Raw once before, but i'm trying it again. :) Today is my 2nd day of transitioning to fruitarian diet as i wanted to lean more of on that side than just regular raw, and i think i have pretty good so far. :D At first when i had gotten into this before it was so that i could lose the extra pounds, but now i think i want to do it just for my health overall period. If there's any advice you would like to give me please feel free to post it. Thanks.

-xImanixXxIrrex

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Hey:), make sure your consuming adequate calories, a broadscope of different fruits so your getting different nutrients.

Im not a great believer in 100% fruitarian long term as it can be deficient in certain nutrients so take care.

Amla

• thanks powerlifter for the tip. i really do appreciate it. :D

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

Hi, welcome.

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

Hi, welcome.

• Hi,

I'm totally new to this. Until 3 weeks ago I could't even imagine trying a raw diet at all. It just seemed to extreme and I didn't see the point. But then so many people are raving about how much better they feel etc. and since I have been feeling kind of unhappy with myself and especially my food I thought I'd give it a try.

Ever since I have been increasing the amount of "raw" food in my diet and have done four days of 100% raw... then I caved and ate everything I had been craving (especially protein!), LOL. Anyway.

Now I am having one meal of non-raw food... that doesn't feel so good anymore, or at least I am more aware of how unwell I feel after a protein-rich cooked meal, especially in the morning I feel totally dehydrated. So now I am trying to find a place that feels comfortable, foodwise.

I am still not so sure this sort of diet will give me all the nutrients I need (?!). Especially, because I don't want to have to take tons of supplements! Oh well, we'll see, eh?

The good thing about this experience so far is definitely that I have gotten rid of my craving for sweets, and even for carbs altogether (quite a surprise!). And the realisation that raw food is actually quite yummy!

Cheerio, Anna