Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Cheating...

LotusLoverLotusLover Raw Newbie

Finally hit detox. 100% raw. Went out, saw a Pastry (with cream!)! Bought. I am feeling so guilty. Took me MONTHS to get here! How to deal with this?

Also, detox was awful :-(

Comments

• wheatgrass!

• What about wheatgrass?

Anyway, I cheat all the time. I'm trying for 75% raw. According to Wikipedia, it counts!

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Not to stress is the best way to deal with it. Some cheat once and feel so down with themselves that they end up just going back to a SAD diet after months of eating healthy.

Chalk it down to a cheat and like i say dont stress about it, cheating happens now and again when you follow a healthy diet. Stressing puts un-needed strain on the adrenal glands.

• Pame'laVik'toriaPame'laVik'toria Raw Newbie

I don't think of eating cooked as cheating. I just view it as part of an enjoyable life. Maybe I should be more than 95% raw to get even more benefits, but I'm not ready yet. I also get regular colonics for detox.

• Don't feel guilty, you're not harming anyone, not even yourself. What you eat is your choice, and if raw doesn't work for you all the time, then let it go every once in a while. Don't make a religion out of your diet, that's harmful.

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

Good advise Deadly Steve.

• No such thing as cheating. No bloody wagon. No 'bad' foods.

Just learning. Crikey, if you're not having fun on this journey then it ain't worth it! Don't be so rigid and make rules for yourself. Don't tell yourself you're an all or nothing.

There is no such thing as 'getting there', it's an ongoing process, darling. You are raw when you eat raw food. In the moment.

Be kind to yourself, it's about making better choices, not assigning a label to yourself...

Onwards and upwards, we've all been there!