Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I want a really good book!!!

I have been searching and searching for a really good book on the raw lifestyle. I don’t want a COOKbook (or shall I say uncookbook) but a lifestyle book. I want to know about the health aspects and cultural aspects. Some recipes are good. I picked up a book the other day that I will be returning for SURE as it SUCKS (it’s a book that looked good but it’s a diet book and I don’t want a diet book).

Any suggestions for a lifestyle book?

Comments

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi Tessa, “Raw Spirit” by Matt Monach is a great book and it’s about the raw way of life and all the bad and good things about it. And Victoria Boutemko’s book “12 steps to raw food”. They are amazing books.

• 12 Steps to Raw – Victoria Boutenko

• The Sunfood Diet Success System by David Wolfe

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I really enjoy Gabriel Cousen’s books, as they are about half filled with information and the other half recipes. My favorite: Rainbow Green Raw Cousine.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

“Detox your World” By Shazzie, is a great book with a handful of recipes but mainly about how to detox your whole life, emotions, body, spirit everything!

“Nature’s First Law The Raw Food Diet”, “by” Dini, Arlin and Wolfe is really good. Full on, and very informative. No recipes, just pure lifestyle.

“The Raw Family” by Victoria Boutenko, how she turned her whole family raw and what happened. Loads of anecdotes and little stories about what happened in their first few years raw.

• My two favorites have been:

The Sunfood Diet Success System by David Wolfe and The 80/10/10 Diet by Douglas Graham

• Well, I was moved by the stuff I read on Matt Monarch’s website, so I went ahead and put down the money for his book (talk about affordable!!). I’m thinking that Gabriel Cousen’s book might be next on my list as I’ve seen it come up a lot on many different forums and it seems to cover many bases. Zoe, I like your suggestion of “Detox your World” as that seems to be about what I want…but then that second book you suggest also sounds about what I want. I’m so glad you folks made suggestions! This is what I’m looking for…not a recipe book! Thank you!!!!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Don’t know about the librares where you live but here you can get them to buy in books they don’t already have then you can borrow them for free, and do a service to your community as well.:)