Is it possible to get raw acai berries?

LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

I always see juice with acai in it, acai powder and other things promoting acai as a superfood. I'm wondering if it's possible to get raw acai berries and if so, where one could purchase them.

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

You might want to Google this question to get a more in depth answer, but it is my understanding that you can only get them raw if you are in the Amazon Rain Forest. The berries go rancid very quickly, so shipping them fresh / raw is not possible. Apparently unprocessed, frozen acai pulp is available on the market. In the US, that's probably as close to fresh as we can get.

Does anyone have first hand experience with either fresh or fresh frozen Acai berries / pulp?

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

You would have to pick them yourself to get them raw... Unfortunately they are treated with a type of pasteurization and flash frozen immediately after picking... The complete reason eludes me at this time... YOU can purchase frozen pulp as emtpdmom states, I have not tried it... I do purchase freeze dried in bulk, use a tablespoon full in my morning fruit smoothie... It is wonderful... smile

I'll see if I can locate the website for you...

Here you go.... www.optimumorganics.us ph # 949-335-5451

Here is the frozen info...

http://amazon-mania.com/english/index.shtml

Taste the RAW power of the Amazon!

Victoria Malin Gregory

Amazon-Mania U.S.A.

Montclair, NJ 07042

Tel: 973-655-9355

Fax: 801-937-1199

www.amazon-mania.com

www.myspace.com/amazonmania

http://eat.rawfood.com/rawfood/AmazonManiaAcai

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

thats too bad that they go rancid so quickly.

thanks for the information!

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

Yea from also what I know thet go bad in like 24hours so getting them fresh is only for locals basically.

• timc27timc27 Raw Newbie

Hi,

I am new on the site but I just bought freshly harvested Acai fruits complete with flesh and berries at our local farmers market here in St Martin in the Antillean Islands

They are delicious, but limited supply I would think

Let me know if any interest and we can work out if they can be frozen in CO2 for transport

Tim

• meerry Deletedmeerry Deleted Raw Newbie
    edited November 2023

Acai berries are such a hot topic in the world of superfoods, right? It's fantastic to see your curiosity about getting them in their raw form. While it's a bit tricky to find fresh raw acai berries outside of their native regions, you might want to explore specialty health food stores or online markets that cater to exotic fruits.

Also, if you're into how to grow berries, you could look into acai palm cultivation. It's not the easiest thing to do, but it's doable in some tropical regions. A fun project if you have the right climate!