Lite! Slimcado from California

Hi! I just bought something from the health food store called a Slim Cado that claims to have 35% of the calories and 50% of the Fat of California avocados. It is about the size of a mango with a bright greens shiny and smooth skin. I have not opened it yet, not sure what I will find. Has anyone heard of these? Are they naturally occurring, or produced in a lab. The health food store I bought it from is a major chain, and sometimes I think their products are profit rather than health driven, so I would not put it past them to bring in a science-project-fruit.

Comments

• Unless I’m mistaken, this is a “Florida avocado”. I was born and raised in FL, and had a tree in my yard. It’s just a different variety of avocado.

• Great, that is a relief!

• Sabriya, I had the unfortunate opportunity to consume one of these this summer in VA. It was not good at all. It’s actually a GMO and I wouldn’t have bought it had there been other avos at the store I went. I hope your experience is better:)

• I just used it and it was weeeeiiiirrrddd! I will not buy it again! I made an awesome salad that was decidedly less so because of that crazy Slim-cado!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Oh yeah… I posted about that here: 50% Less Fat Avocado