Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Finally doing this!!!

I'm finally doing this. After the hell of acute pancreatitis at age 25, over a decade of heartburn. Tryglicerides through the roof, high cholesterol, being overweight on and off since the age of 12 I'm finally taking control. I have 3 beautiful children and a wife that loves me. This is not a sob story. In fact if anything there will only be tears of joy because I know this will change me, This is my proclamation to the world!! I am not going to keep this to myself or mull it over in my head. I want to say it out loud, I am going raw!!! Too long have I denied my body it's right to be healthy. I have been given the keys to this Ferrari that is my body and to this point I have trashed it. Not anymore it is time to change, not a diet but to embrace a lifestyle that I can take with me forever. I just got the Rawtarian app today and will start fresh in the morning with my new life. I have been vegetarian for 2 weeks so this should be a nice transition. And did I mention I live in Hawaii. It shouldn't be hard to find nice raw ingredients. I look forward to letting you guys know how this goes. Sorry to go off on a rant but i felt like I needed to get this off my chest and at least here I will be preaching to the choir. Looking forward to meeting the community here and wish me luck! (And dedication) I'm Jay by the way!!
TammiTrueClaireT

Comments

• TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

Hi Jay. Welcome to the journey! :) Hawaii seems like it would be one of the best locations for a raw diet. 

ClaireT
  • naomitnaomit Raw Newbie

I went fully raw last summer and I was training (gym and classes) about 6 days a week. I got super lean, my energy, concentration and happiness was through the roof. I was building muscle and getting really strong! Then the winter hit, it became a lot easier to eat cooked food and just be normal vegan. For a few months my diet was shocking, I kept going for the highly processed vegan junk foods and with a history of an eating disorder it wasn't doing me any good. I started to battle bullemia again, then I went raw and it was heaven! I couldn't understand why I ever stopped it. Met a guy and I started to slip again, he was telling me I was crazy and I wouldn't be healthy, so again I stopped! He soon disappeared and just recently in the past couple of weeks I have been eating whole foods only, predominantly raw, having a cooked meal sort of evening time, I guess you could say raw till 4. I am already noticing that after my fruit meals or smoothies in the day I am fine, then the cooked meal completely drains me! I can't complete any uni work because my body seems to just instantly become super tired and my brain doesn't want to work!  Fruitarian keeps on calling me and I want to answer.!!! I guess I am just worried that if I go raw I won't be able to build muscle - strength training is something I love and don't want to give it up - plus I am thinking I live in London, which isn't the best place to be raw! Although there are numerous raw cafes here so it can't be that bad. So, all my babbling over with, if there is anyone out there who can offer me advice?! I would love to be a fruitarian again! I was the happiest I have ever been in the summer, I would eat banana nicecream on tap! :) Thanks guys. Naomi, 26, Richmond, London, UK.

ClaireT
  • UniversalposilivetyUniversalposilivety Raw Newbie
    I don't know yet about the muscle building aspects since I have struggled with weight issues most of my life but my biggest motivating factor is how I feel. I did a juice fast about a year ago for fifteen days and I was amazed for the first time in my life I had crazy energy by about day 8-15 and all i was drinking was juice by juicing. I thought I would be drained but it's amazing how I felt the exact opposite. That is why I am drawn to a raw food diet. I want to feel that way again. I invested in a vitamix yesterday, almost got the ninja as it had a food processor as well but I guess I'll have to make do with my small food processor. At least for now I will only be preparing food for myself as my family isn't ready to follow me yet.
    ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Welcome Naomi and Jay!

Naomi, I went wandering the web and some of the muscle building sites list food that is good for it. Obviously, not everything they list is raw vegan (or even vegetarian), but a lot of it can be. I saw cantaloupe, oranges and spinach mentioned. 

• RequisiteRequisite Raw Newbie

Good luck !

ClaireT

How is it going so far? :)

• UniversalposilivetyUniversalposilivety Raw Newbie
    Going well thanks. I bought a vitamix last week and I'm doing a 7 day smoothie plan to start out.
    ClaireT

Sweet! I love my Vitamix. I would bet anything that you will too.