Who is the best Blendtec vs. Vitamix?

Nina_CalusimNina_Calusim Raw Newbie

I love making fruits and vegetable smoothies and purees everyday, it became my source of energy. I was using blender in making smoothies and  purees but unfortunately it was badly wreck so I decided to look for another blender. So I search for a site for the best selling blender and of course has  a good quality. Then I found this Blendtec vs. Vitamix Blender Post, I try to read the reviews and maybe try to purchase one but can you also help me which one should I purchase? The Blendtec or the Vitamix? 

ClaireT

Comments

• bettykleebettyklee Raw Jr. Leader

Following this. I've heard very good things about the Vitamix.

ClaireT
  • XfimpgXfimpg Raw Newbie

Hi Nina

My Massage Therapist said the difference between the two is how you work the container; the Vitamix container is good for smaller quantities, whereas the blentec you have to get in there and mix it up more because it is wider and square. I hope I got this right! But you can validate this for yourself in person.

• rickoricko Raw Newbie

Wow, this is a very popular question! I just posted my feedback in a previous Post. 

In a nutshell, both are top-of-the-line blenders and you can't go wrong with either one. I own both and get similar results from them. 

Where it gets complicated is that they each have several model lines. So comparing one specific blender to another specific blender is getting more specific. 

Without considering a specific blender model, my preference is the Vitamix. Mainly because it uses a Tamper to move ingredients around in the container and I find I never have to stop mid-blend to push ingredients down manually. But it's a very slight preference towards the Vitamix, since the Blendtec is an awesome blender as well.  

ClaireT