Food combining

gretchenrgretchenr Raw Newbie

Hello,

I am interested in food combining and wondered if there were any experts here that wouldn't mind sharing. I have the basics but I am having a hard time finding information on how nut milks, seed and nut meals (ground flaxseed, almond flour, coconut flour, chia seeds, etc), as well as clean whey protein powders fit into it all. 

Is there anyone here that can help me clear my confusion? 

Thank you!!

Gretchen

ClaireT

Comments

• BibiBibi Raw Jr. Leader

Hi, Gretchen.  I was just researching food combining a few hours ago, and it’s a complex subject for me as there are food charts to follow, and days to weeks to months of specific food combinations in order to see or feel results. The article was long and the only thing I recall from my reading is to always eat fresh fruit on an empty stomach and never at the end of a larger meal... something to do with fermentation.  Most of it made sense but it seemed too restrictive for my taste, so i’ll have to research it in more depth later on.

So if you have a food combining chart (and you can download one for free from the internet) and you feel like making a raw dish, look at the ingredients portion of the recipe and look at the chart, see if you can remove, add, replace any ingredient first; if not, then don’t make it if you feel it would be harmful to your digestive system, which seems to love simplicity according to experts. And, hey, if all else fails, just eat raw fruit all day everyday for fastest results in your overall health.  

Remember, the liver is the most important organ of the human digestive system, so you can narrow down your own research to studying everything about the liver first, and I believe you’ll have a better understanding of food combinations thereafter.  Same goes for me, but at this time my brain is overwhelmed by research and information, so I indulge in any raw recipe I feel like making and snack on almonds dipped in raw honey any times of the day.  Good luck in your research, and if you find something that works for you, please share it with us!

ClaireT