How do I commit myself to a 100% raw food diet, when...

andrewrandrewr Raw Newbie

I am on psychotropic medications and at least one of them gives me dysphagia (trouble swallowing).  How am I supposed to eat a 100% raw food diet while taking these medications?  Is anyone here on a 100% raw food diet while also taking medication?  Thanks for the response(s) in advance.

ClaireT

Best Answer

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master
    Answer ✓

Welcome to the community!

I would think smoothies might be a good idea to start. You can add a lot of ingredients and nutrients to them. 

Answers

• andrewrandrewr Raw Newbie

Ok, thanks.  :D

I just made myself a smoothie.  It had:

gluten free quick cooking oats

frozen berries and kale

olive oil

spring mix

It's not a legitimate smoothie, I know.  I should have made it with squash instead of quick cooking oats.  Also, the berries and kale should have not been frozen;  they should have been fresh.  Further, I should have used an avocado instead of olive oil.  Finally, I should have added some raw nuts to it for protein and omega fats.

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

It's a start smile I would never judge anyone for using frozen ingredients. I love the texture that frozen berries and bananas add. 

TammiTrue

I've been on a smoothie diet for the past 2 to 3 days.  I've been adding apples, pear, quick cooking oats, avocados, green vegetables, spring mix, orange, and green bell pepper to my smoothies.  I want to add some starchy fruits to them.  The only starchy fruits I can think of are squashes.  The problem is, the acorn squashes at the store are usually unripe.  I would have to wait weeks and weeks, for each acorn squash, before it ripens.

ClaireT
  • harpmomharpmom Raw Newbie

I know this is an older post, but wanted to say that bananas are a perfect starchy fruit for smoothies if you can handle them. I myself don't like bananas in my smoothies though.

How is your smoothie diet going?

ClaireT