95% Raw, Alcohol/Caffeine, and Low Energy!

jennahjennah Raw Newbie

So for some context: I've been raw vegan now for about 5.5 months (since January 3rd, 2018). When I eat cooked food it has always been vegan, thai green curry with vegetables (no potatoes, just mainly green beans, carrots, and greens) which has only happened about 5 times.

I started a new job 3 weeks ago where I have had some roasted cashews or almonds but I eat those in small quantities since I follow 801010 pretty closely. I was in Hawaii for the first two months of my transition and found it very easy to stick to this way of life since I was so empowered by the information and knowledge I was gaining. There was also no excitotoxins in my life aka alcohol and coffee, but being back in the city has presented some challenges and I've been drinking more than I wanted to since I have learned so much about what my body truly wants and thrives off of. I've also been drinking some coffee at work maybe 3 times a week which is not something I really want to be doing either. Anyway- I've been experiencing a light headache for the past 4 days and I don't think it's due to the initial raw detox- I'm thinking that my body is trying to tell me to lay off of the alcohol and caffeine- which I have been but has anyone else experienced this? I've been feeling very bingey lately, eating a big salad at night when I'm not even hungry. Or eating medjool dates 5-10 when I'm not physically hungry! Does anyone have any insight into this?

Two days ago I bought vegan milk thistle supplements for my liver since I did take antidepressants for a year and was socially drinking more than I ever have last year. I don't think the headache has to do with the supplements though.

Also, even though I feel my best eating this way I've been SO physically tired the last month and honestly from the beginning- I didn't really get a jolt of energy from this way of eating. I'm wondering if anyone experienced this kind of low energy fatigue for this long (5.5 months) since most detox people talk about it's only the first few months. I ate a lot of fruits and vegetables prior to this way of eating although I did have a lot of salt, oil, and bread in my diet. Last year at this time I was very into working out with my trainer- probably working out 5 days a week. I can't really imagine that routine right now with how tired I feel and I'm not sure if it's because I'm trying to lose my last 8 pounds/ staying under 1500 calories- or because I'm still going through a detox.

ClaireT

Comments

• jennahjennah Raw Newbie

Also for some context I'm 23 years old, 5'4 and about 118 lbs, but maybe I've gained a bit more because of the way I've been eating. (Back in January I was 125 lbs)

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I would try increasing your calories and see if that helps with the exhaustion. But I'm wondering if it could be the coffee? I think it makes us more tired overall but then we end up needing it to be alert - kind of a vicious cycle, and one I've fallen into enough times. 

I've only had coffee maybe 3 times a week for the last two weeks (stopped this week) but the exhaustion has been going on since the beginning! 

ClaireT

Hm. Are you getting enough iron?

I track what I eat on Chronometer- eating lots of sun-dried tomatoes and mushrooms with are both pretty high in Iron I believe.

ClaireT

Why did I never know that about mushrooms??

I guess I learned something new today smile

TammiTrue
  • JanaceJanace Raw Jr. Superstar

Have you checked your B12 levels? I have found that once I began eating high raw, when I eat cooked food (steamed veggies) it makes me feel really tired. If you choose coffee are you drinking decaf?

TammiTrue
    I had a blood test done a few days ago so I’ll get to see if it’s B12 or Iron levels
    TammiTrue
  • TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

Let us know the results!