constipation and weakness

Hi. I really feel trapped and I would love to read suggestions.

Over the last 2 or 3 years, I feel almost constantly constipated. I eat almost 100% according to the 811 principles, but I feel like I had an anchor in my belly. This is uncomfortable because I feel moody, irritable, and I don´t feel light at all when it comes to exercising. I play soccer and I feel slow and weak.

Actually, I´ve been trying to gain weight (I´m 5′11″ and 117 pounds) and I´ve failed, because I simply cannot eat that much because I easily feel full. Then, if I do eat a lot, I feel sick and really full, and I almost don´t want to move.

I believe my issue is related to emotional hunger, as I sometimes eat much more than I should, and my constipation increases. Also, being weak physically makes me feel weak mentally (or viceversa, probably)…

So, I go from eating a lot (because of emotional hunger and because I would like to gain weight), to eating few calories a day because I listen to my body that seems to don´t want food at all, and end up not having energy to exercise.

By the way, I believe I haven´t felt true hunger for ages… I eat because “I have to” and because I don´t want to be in a fasting-mode.

Should I force exercise even without much food/energy?

I am in a vicious circle, and I feel frustrated about it.

Should I go breathatarian? haha

Answers

• Harmony1Harmony1 Raw Superstar

I find pushing myself to exercise ends up giving me energy. Sometimes, it's that first step that's the hardest. 

You definitely need enough food to sustain the exercise, though. 

ClaireT
  • felipecfelipec Raw Newbie

thanks for your answer, Harmony

ClaireT