green smoothie question

newbie here!

I would like to be able to prepare a green smoothie the night before to take to work for breakfast the next day. What will the quality be like the next day? I realize it won’t be as good and nutritious as drinking it immediately after making it. Are alot of nutrients lost by waiting so long?

Thanks for any help you can give mee!

Comments

• As far as I know the smoothie should be just fine.. I’ve heard of alot of people doing that and said all it needed was a shake or stir before you drink it and it was the same as “just made”. Also I know of people who make a large pitcher full of green smoothie to have throughout the day and it doesn’t go bad, and I assume it stays pretty nutritious… Hope this helps..

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Sometimes I add a little water to it and shake it up if I drink it later in the day because it does tend to separate and get semi-solid/thick looking…I store it in mason jars in the fridge if I have any left over. The taste stays pretty much the same, but some combinations might get stronger tasting after 24 hours, especially if you have lime in it (I think it tastes a little bitter with lime after 24 hours, you might have to re-sweeten it with something, but then again I guess it all depends on your tastebuds). I don’t know how many nutrients are lost over time. Victoria Boutenko said that when they traveled, they would make, ahead of time, green smoothies for 3 days, and just take it along with them.

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

Your smoothie will be fine…even for a few days. My advice is to store it in glass containers, filled as close to the top as possible to minimize the oxygen in it. Yes, just shake that yummy smoothie up before drinking.

Some flavors get stronger day by day, usually savory flavors such as garlic and ginger. Cheers!

Chef Kristen Suzanne