Food Processor, what do you suggest?

hi everyone, My parents want to get my sister Maddie a food processor for Christmas. She is not a raw vegan, but would like to eat moreso, so it would be a really great gift for her.

What brand(s)/models(s) of food processors would you suggest that my parents get for Maddie? What brand are you using right now, and what do you like/dislike about it?

Thanks, envirogenny

Comments

• . Cuisinart and KitchenAid both make high quality food processors. I use the smallest model (3 cup for $40, “S” blade only—i.e. no slicing). Look on amazon.com for the sizes and features of different models.

• Envirogenny: I’m in the market myself for a food processor. I have read many reviews and most urge to purchase a processor that you will “grow in to”. I realistically cook for two people, myself and partner, but I will certainly buy a processor I can make double recipies with. Not much time to cook as I’m a undergrad and need to stock up for the week. I’ve been searching Ebay and they seem to have pretty good deals. Make sure to read the return policy if you choose this route.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I agree with ron4540 – Cuisinart or KitchenAid.

I like my Cuisinart. I never had a KitchenAid, but I did hear it is good too.

I have an 11-cup Cuisinart, and it does the job… (I usually make food for two). When I make recipes that require dehydration, a bigger food processor would be helpful because I like to double those recipes… to get more use out of my dehydrator and longer lasting food.

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

KitchenAid or Cuisinart are great. Get the 11, 12 or 14 cup size.

Kristen Suzanne

• ok thanks everyone for feedback, looks like a KitchenAid or a Cuisinart.