Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw For 30 Days, new film about going raw

Has anyone seen the trailer for “Raw For 30 Days”? It’s a documentary about six people, who normally eat fast food, who decide to go 100% raw for a month. It features interviews with doctors, experts, and raw foodists including Gabriel Cousens, David Wolfe, and Woody Harrelson.

I am new to raw foods and very interested in hearing from others who are raw foodists and people who are trying to change their lives for the better. Many people in my family have diabetes and I have changed my diet and gone raw to prevent myself from also getting diabetes.

The trailer on Youtube at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSuqCMld00w

There is also a new two-disc DVD set that is available for order called RAW FOR LIFE, which is a encyclopedia of Raw Food, perfect for beginners like me and Raw Food enthusiasts. I have found it to be very helpful, as I have been transitioning to raw foods. It

Comments

• I saw this trailer when intially researching the raw food lifestyle. I was so shocked to see the physical and emotional addictions those people had to food. This really got me thinking about my own habits. I tried to find videos and documentaries about raw food on netflix, but nothings listed there. I’m starting to think people with a great concern for health, like many of us on gone raw, are few and far between.

• I saw this trailer and was shocked at how quickly a change in diet could affect one’e health. I am not sure if I could go completely raw but would like to dedicate more of my diet to this. I think that this film will allow raw food to become more public.

I took advantage and signed up for the Raw Summit 2 (www.rawsummit2.com) that begins on Nov 15th and can’t wait to learn more about Raw foods.

• going raw is really helping me. The raw summit2 is very interesting. I’m learning alot. Anyone else benefiting from going raw?

• DO you think the DVD will make it to amazon?If so when?

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

this trailer was initially what got me thinking about changing my lifestyle.
    i think they were all type 2 diabetics.

• willmizewillmize Raw Newbie

Is this film ever going to be finished and released? I remember going to the website almost 6 months to a year ago and all that was available was the trailer. Seems like that is still the case.
    The more films like this, the better!

• The Raw For Life how to DVD is finally available! I found it on their website. I think it will be on Amazon soon, but in the meantime, you can order it from
    www.rawforlifedvd.com

• PamPam

Thank you for letting us know, Josh. I thought they would send out an announcement since I signed up to the mailing list, but apparently no.

I really wish they’d finish the documentary, as I really get inspired by films like that. I just watched the “Supercharge Me – 30 Days Raw” (http://www.superchargeme.com) and found it to be a great little pick me up, when you’re feeling a bit uninspired on the raw path.
    Now I just need to choose between the Raw For Life DVD above or the Rave Diet DVD and book combo.
    Decisions decisions!

• PamPam

Oh! I thought this WAS the documentary. I just spent $30 for something I probably don’t want… LOL.

Willmize, I’d recommend you get the Rave Diet DVD. Skip the book. Even though I haven’t seen the Raw for Life DVD, if you’re looking for inspirational, I know that Rave Diet will rock your world! I bought 10 copies and have given them all away. At least 3 of the people I gave them to made serious dietary changes.

Pam! You were the one who turned me on to the Eating DVD in the first place, so I have you to thank for that :)

• I read somewhere that the film should be out in Spring of 2008. I am a big fan of documentarys. Can’t wait! :)

• DelphineDelphine Raw Newbie

Good morning Stlylistchick & others interested in this whole subject,

Know that Gabriel Cousens has a book coming out on Jan. 14th called: There Is a Cure for Diabetes. You can pre-order it now. It is connected to the info. you saw in this “raw for 30 days” DVD preview.

May this be helpful : )
    Wishing you the best of the best !

• ValaVala Raw Newbie

Hi hi,

Stylistchick – in the film there are people that have diabetes type 1 too.

• AleBrazilAleBrazil Raw Newbie

I am a little late but I just saw the trailer.
    I thought it was a really great idea. Very interesting and yes, the people in it were real (SAD) people with real problems.