Growing Herbs

I just had a thought: instead of always buying fresh herbs like basil, thyme, and mint, why not just grow them? Does anyone have any experience with this, or recomendations for websites/seeds/products, or even which herbs/spices are easiest to grow? Thanks!

Comments

• Growing your own herbs is so much cheaper! I like mint best because it only needs watering and spreads like groundcover within a few months, rosemary is also very low-maintenance and requires very little water. I just saw this website today called horizonherbs.com that has maca, he shou wu, wild herbs and lots of other hard-to-find seeds.

• I have a basil plant that I bought at Trader Joes for like $3-4. It is a potted plant, and all I have to do is water it and I always have fresh basil. I love it… it never goes bad in the fridge if I don’t use it all up either. I would like to have a full herb garden eventually, but living in a city apartment makes that a little difficult for now!! My grandma grows rosemary and mint in her garden that she shares with me when I see her. The house I grew up in has anise/fennel growing wild in the backyard and alley behind the house. I am tempted to drive by to see if I can forage some!!

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

I have basil,parsley,rosemary and mint.It is great. I cut them and hang on the kitchen to dry out.